PDA

View Full Version : Possibly a blonde moment here...

Nebbz
22-03-12, 08:21 AM
why would my service break light be on?

Would it be because my calipers are leaking? because i replaced my breaks my self and failed misurably! :roll:lol

Connor
22-03-12, 08:23 AM
Probably needs a service.

GRUNT 16V
22-03-12, 08:57 AM
First off what car age etc

GRUNT 16V
22-03-12, 09:08 AM
If its a Nova then yes the light will come on if the callipers are leaking !!!!!!! surely your not driving it like this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
if you are then you are a true DOOOOOZER ! there is a sensor in the fluid tank on the master cylinder that tells you your fluid is low !!!!!

mowgli
22-03-12, 09:10 AM
if a nova, then it is on for 1 of 2 reasons,

1. the fluid is low
2. the handbrake warning switch is shorting out or the handbrake isn't going down enough

Nebbz
22-03-12, 12:20 PM
If its a Nova then yes the light will come on if the callipers are leaking !!!!!!! surely your not driving it like this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
if you are then you are a true DOOOOOZER ! there is a sensor in the fluid tank on the master cylinder that tells you your fluid is low !!!!!

hahaha i did drive it...and just topped it up lmao! Yes i know fail, but has been off the road for a year almost, but this is probably what it is haha! my mates going to fix it for me before i drive it again so not to worry wont get wrote of with failed breaks, just fail in driving at worst ha

brainsnova
22-03-12, 01:52 PM
Leave the jobs like that to someone that knows what they are doing lol

Stuart
22-03-12, 01:56 PM
Brakes

ffs

Nebbz
22-03-12, 02:27 PM
well at the time had nothing to offer any one (this could turn dirty! you cannot call your selves men if you dont)

and sorry brakes...sorry hitlar ;)

brainsnova
22-03-12, 02:29 PM
Did you swap the calipers and the copper washers ran away

Nebbz
22-03-12, 03:24 PM
no they are still attatched as i remember putting them in my empty tea cup... which had not long decided to be across my bonnet instead of to be drank... :/

lets just say after that day i vowed i was never working on a car again...ill stick to tattooing and business rates...cars are stressful lmao!

Stuart
22-03-12, 03:30 PM
I'd get the car into someone with even 1brain cell that can cope with cars... Frankly it sounds dangerous what you have done/describe and I am thankful you are at the other end of the M4.

Hitler hactually :p

nova gem 1970
22-03-12, 08:15 PM
lol you have plenty to offer nebbz ;)