PDA

View Full Version : quick question about compressor part

dc1984
21-03-12, 09:10 PM
hi guys,

i recently bought a second hand compressor (air-main am75/272) it runs off of 3 phase electricity, but it didnt come with the junction box type thing that has an emergency stop button and start/stop switch,

so does anyone know what the proper name for the box is???
and where i could get one from?

i will be using it in my new tyre bay when i get the unit next month:thumb:

thanks,
david.

bazil
21-03-12, 09:12 PM
It would probably be at the hook up point, usually a circuit breaker with seperate isolator then hard wired to the motor

mowgli
21-03-12, 09:13 PM
as it says 3 phase.... you really should get a professional to install it.

sport
21-03-12, 09:14 PM
Where is your unit going to be? always handy to have a tyre fitter onside.

Royston
21-03-12, 09:15 PM
as it says 3 phase.... you really should get a professional to install it.

Seconded

240V hurts

440V Kills!!!!!!!

dc1984
21-03-12, 09:16 PM
it will be getting wired up by one of the sparks in my work mate, i just want to get all the parts i need to get the garage up and running

mowgli
21-03-12, 09:17 PM
3 phase is fun, but i've had some practise with it...

240v just makes my elbows hurt.... but i only get a shock about once every 10 years..

dc1984
21-03-12, 09:17 PM
It would probably be at the hook up point, usually a circuit breaker with seperate isolator then hard wired to the motor
cheers bazil:D

dc1984
21-03-12, 09:18 PM
Where is your unit going to be? always handy to have a tyre fitter onside.

its going to be in Barrhead mate;)
your welcome anytime:D

mowgli
21-03-12, 09:19 PM
it will be getting wired up by one of the sparks in my work mate, i just want to get all the parts i need to get the garage up and running

go to an electrical wholesaler & ask to look in their catalogue, a second hand 3 ph compressor usually just needs the wires connecting in the right order to an isolator switch, as the motor should have its own starter setup & the pressure switch then keeps the air right up.. use the isolator when you go home, so it doesn't needlessly fire up at crazy hours.

dc1984
21-03-12, 09:21 PM
go to an electrical wholesaler & ask to look in their catalogue, a second hand 3 ph compressor usually just needs the wires connecting in the right order to an isolator switch, as the motor should have its own starter setup & the pressure switch then keeps the air right up.. use the isolator when you go home, so it doesn't needlessly fire up at crazy hours.

thank you mowgli:D