PDA

View Full Version : 1986 nova 1.0 ..... HELP

buggedbyu
19-03-12, 09:30 PM
I have a 1986 (D reg) 1.0 Nova. Completely standard in every way. There are rust issues with the rear arches, I was just after suggestions as to the best way to deal with this. My local garage look at my car with disgust due to it's age and it only being 4 speed (and me being female!) and finding info on novas is not easy :( Also, does anyone know what one is worth. Online car buyers don't even recognise the car as existing :-( I just want to make my little motor shine again. Thanks to anyone that might be able to help. All advice gratefully received:)

Markd89
19-03-12, 09:34 PM
Depends how far gone they are, normally people just buy replacement arches and fit them. any good bodyshop will be able to do it, if they look at it with disgust then go elswhere.

autoworksnovasport
19-03-12, 09:35 PM
cut it out and relace withnew metal

were are you based??

if you get stuck i can do the work for you if your close

novasrikev
19-03-12, 09:38 PM
its hard to say without seeing it tbh but nothing is to far gone
just be carefull that the garages dont have your pants down though lol

buggedbyu
19-03-12, 09:39 PM
I'm near Salisbury. When I have daylight, I'll try and get some pics. Rear near I think definitely needs full replace. My little car had some rust spots etc when I first got it but 6 months of not being able to drive it has done it in. What sort of price would I be looking at for re arching her? I'd like to get her mot worthy again. Total shame to let her go to waste. Thanks guys :-)

novasrikev
19-03-12, 09:41 PM
you need 15 unspammed posts before you can post pics

buggedbyu
19-03-12, 09:42 PM
Mechanically I'm not so bad so I do a bit myself and generally am able to tell the garage what I want doing, So they don't try it on too much. :)

brainsnova
19-03-12, 09:42 PM
Everything is possible and some members have took on massive welding jobs to save cars so if it's just rear arches then I don't see any problems.

buggedbyu
19-03-12, 09:46 PM
:)I'm going to have to start making friends then. Thanks for the heads up

buggedbyu
19-03-12, 09:49 PM
What would I be looking at paying for the welding job if we assume that the arches need full replace? I was wondering if it would be better if I passed the car on to someone who knows what they are doing, but you are all giving me a bit of confidence that II could bring her back

autoworksnovasport
19-03-12, 10:00 PM
your probably looking (in a bodyshop) £100-£150 per arch just to fit them then you will have to get it painted

Andy
19-03-12, 10:01 PM
Welcome to the site,im sure it can be sorted out,if ever there were a thread to show anything is possible to be repaired then this is it.
http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?180585-craig-s-nova-gte

buggedbyu
19-03-12, 10:10 PM
Damn, maybe I should learn to weld lol That other car- just wow. I could never do that to a car. I was thinking that I could use the nova as a project to learn off, but I want it to work when I'm done. Sadly I don't know anyone who could teach me either :(

brainsnova
19-03-12, 10:26 PM
Get a welder just like Scott did

http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?184159-Welding-and-a-quot-first-quot-go-with-my-new-one..

buggedbyu
19-03-12, 10:46 PM
I'm feeling very inspired right now. Cheers guys. Lets see how I feel in the morning after I explain my evolving master plan with the man of the house! lol

novasrikev
20-03-12, 08:06 AM
sod the man of the house get on with it lol

Southie
20-03-12, 08:09 AM
you need 15 unspammed posts before you can post pics
That was before the updated site, you don't anymore ;)

novasrikev
20-03-12, 08:12 AM
That was before the updated site, you don't anymore ;)
even better thanks for the heads up southie

buggedbyu
20-03-12, 03:58 PM
sod the man of the house get on with it lol
That's what I usually do lol