PDA

View Full Version : :( funkin pikeys :(

autoworksnovasport
18-03-12, 08:19 PM
at work today trying to get a few jobs done ready for the new week

:mad:didnt get much done as for the first time in 3 or 4 years the pikeys arrived having a really good look round :mad:

so ended up spending all afternoon putting more locks and drop bolts and pins on the unit door:cry:

why should we have to do this :confused:

mowgli
18-03-12, 08:20 PM
you should tell them you are just going to get your shotgun.....what was their excuse, the old red diesel buying thing???

autoworksnovasport
18-03-12, 08:35 PM
didnt have an excuse just very blaitent about looking around and trying to pick stuff up and push cars to see how heavy or easily moveable things were

mowgli
18-03-12, 08:37 PM
are you kipping up there? or have you rung the cops & told them you've been threatened by them & need a few night drive-bys?

Tim
18-03-12, 08:39 PM
My mate has a unit and is suffering exactly the same, of a night he has to play jumbo tetris with his customers cars, to make sure he can get them all in and doesnt have to leave anything outside. Hes 100% confidant that it would be gone in the morning. They have even resorted to nicking the drain and manhole covers round my way. Theiving fekkers!!!

scott.parker
18-03-12, 08:41 PM
I don't care what anyone says in the defense of pikeys etc, anyone who has had dealings with them, have them close to your living location etc all know to well that despite all the crap that paddy from gypo weddings said they are ALL dirty thieving skum, and will sell the skin of your back if they thought they could... IMO they should be wipe out like the pests they are..
Feel sorry for you mate.

autoworksnovasport
18-03-12, 08:41 PM
"in response to mowgli"

nah i only live around the corner so going to keep checking back over next few nights

going to have to have a word with landlord see if we can put a gate or something at the end of the drive ?

scott.parker
18-03-12, 08:43 PM
My mate has a unit and is suffering exactly the same, of a night he has to play jumbo tetris with his customers cars, to make sure he can get them all in and doesnt have to leave anything outside. Hes 100% confidant that it would be gone in the morning. They have even resorted to nicking the drain and manhole covers round my way. Theiving fekkers!!!

They did that near me on the industrial estates, there was cones over/upside down in all the holes they left so no tax paying home living citizens would wreck there wheels!

mowgli
18-03-12, 08:49 PM
scott, its the county highways dept that come round to put the cones in..

anyone who's ever read or heard my account of cleaning up the park in hinckley where they got on for a week will know my opinion, and the tv people are sadly deluded if they think travellers are nice, almost comedy characters.

scott.parker
18-03-12, 08:51 PM
scott, its the county highways dept that come round to put the cones in..

Mike, i didn't think they were that courteous enough to leave the cones after taking the steal grids/covers! lol

bazil
18-03-12, 09:01 PM
The council replaced all the cast iron lids in industrial estates round here with reinforced plastic ones to keep the cnuts away, it was actually the council who weighed them in for scrap lol

About 10 years ago there was a load of them settled on a farmers corn field, the farmer was a good friend of Malcolm of Brookfield owner, so he got a D9 Cat buldozer fitted the cab with shields and a huge vibrating towed roller and spent every night circling the camp till they fcuked off lol

Sometimes tho pikeys go to far, the stole copper pipe out of a local school, they done so much damage the school was closed for 3 weeks!

mowgli
18-03-12, 09:02 PM
round here the authorities are scared of them

scott.parker
18-03-12, 09:07 PM
Copper pipe and cable theft is ripe by them round the Midlands, and Ive heard of them being found dead vial electrocution as the power was on in the house they targeted, or like the one in brum where they took gas pipes out while smoking and blew them selfs up! lol

Andy
18-03-12, 09:10 PM
Round here theyre terrified of them.(Authorities)
Google Seamer Horse Fair,no residents have ANY involvelment in this,only travellers,yet the council spent £300,000 on a field and fencing for them every year to the oppositioon of every resident.
Local businesses are terrorised and robbed every year-utter misery.
Seamer is the next village along from me,a couple of miles away.

turbojolt
18-03-12, 09:18 PM
Scott isn't wrong was at a guys house the other day and they ripped all the copper pipes supplying gas to this guys house from the meter leaving gas pissing into the houses cavity wall effectively making the house a bomb!!!!!

Pete
18-03-12, 09:18 PM
Agree with you mike about police etc being scared of them round here...

Across from my mums there's an industrial estate, we have a welding company over there and they have a big container type things full of offcuts and basic scrap which they usually weigh in once full, anyway pikeys came and lifted the whole container one night and police told the company that they shouldn't leave there metal outside as its asking for it basically!!! Wtf...

Hang the ****ers for being pikeys imo

Jonlem
18-03-12, 09:32 PM
Install a GSM alarm mate

autoworksnovasport
18-03-12, 09:35 PM
gsm???

MK999
18-03-12, 09:37 PM
We had them rob a waste oil drum from outside work, tipped 40 gallons of oil across the car park to lift a drum worth about 30p in scrap. Took 3 of us about 4 hours to clean it to somewhere near acceptable.

Jonlem
18-03-12, 09:38 PM
Alarm that rings you via a mobile simcard.

We use a wired one at work which is connected to mine but they do one you can use without a telephone line, its a GSM one if you look on ebay.

autoworksnovasport
18-03-12, 10:02 PM
aha i see just found some on ebay seem a bit complicated but needs must

Jonlem
18-03-12, 10:27 PM
Not overly complicated mate and well worth it.

shed-on-wheels
19-03-12, 01:23 AM
they took all the copper piping out of the fu fair down by our beach, also stripped the million pound houses by me when they were getting built lmao

mk1nova_rich
19-03-12, 07:42 AM
We have a large permanent site just over a mile from us, the gypsies there are relatively well-behaved...still dodgy as fook like but they tend not to **** on their own doorstep that much.

On the other hand there was a large contingent of travellers moved onto the fields at the bottom of our village last year, they caused nothing but trouble and were thieving all sorts...they were in my garden 3 times in as many days so I went to the local police station who said unless anything was actually stolen they couldnt do anything

I then got kicked out of the station for suggesting that "the thieving ******* scum should be lined up and shot" lol the authorities are terrified of them

Old man Jimbo
19-03-12, 09:38 AM
I then got kicked out of the station for suggesting that "the thieving ******* scum should be lined up and shot" lol the authorities are terrified of them

Had similar around here so many times. Some fiends of mine have a garage/body shop and the pikeys camped on some waste ground opposite them. They put all the extra security up they could and even paid a security guard to stay the night inside who was terrorised to such an extent he quit after two nights! lol

Police not interested even though to get in they started to rip the roof panels off. But, and I quote "They haven't actually stolen anything" nice one officer. :roll:

Second one in a village a few miles down the road they Pikeys turn up and a few days later a blokes dog goes missing. This bloke surprised a lot of people and kind of became a local hero. He found his dog tied up on said Gypo camp and asked for it back. The results where not good for him and a trip to hospital later he was patched up.

Police did nothing again as there was no "proof" lol

Long storey short the guy went back a few days later (brave IMHO) and pointed out to said Gypo's that each and every van, lorry and caravan had a bottle full of petrol with a rag hanging out the top hidden underneath and that if he could do that all by himself just imagine what him and his "family" could do.

He got his dog back and the travellers (read as scum) fecked off within 24hrs. This bloke was a podgey middle aged guy that was is as normal as you get. But he now has a certain kudos for some reason.

blue_peg_16v
19-03-12, 09:41 AM
Round here theyre terrified of them.(Authorities)
Google Seamer Horse Fair,no residents have ANY involvelment in this,only travellers,yet the council spent £300,000 on a field and fencing for them every year to the oppositioon of every resident.
Local businesses are terrorised and robbed every year-utter misery.
Seamer is the next village along from me,a couple of miles away.

When I was a kid we used to have a big twin axle caravan that we used to leave on the st helens site just outside seamer for the season, we used to have to go every year when the horse fair was on to make sure it didn't get nicked.

I have however taught a few to drive driving on the camps is a culture shock butthey are fine with me never cancel always pay on time, and they have sorted a couple of problems for me still wouldn't tell them too much though.

pie
19-03-12, 09:55 AM
often see pikeys round ere with cars in the bk of transit tippers f lol

was on our way bk from the brecon beacons last weekend bout 9pm,
seen this old transit parked up in a layby picking a 306 up with a lttle ****ty crane thing on the back and bout 5 lads litting it

i thought wtf lol

pikeys round ere are bad will just walk into people gardens etc

and they drive round playing journey throw a mega phone and the shouting any old iron lol

shed-on-wheels
19-03-12, 06:19 PM
ahh they up your end of gwent aswell then pie lol

brainsnova
19-03-12, 06:38 PM
Is this the guy lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aswvJZwJ6MU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Jack
19-03-12, 06:42 PM
That sounds an awful lot like the prayer tower that was right outside the window of my hotel in Oman a few years back lol

mowgli
19-03-12, 07:16 PM
One day i was driving towards burton on trent past twycross zoo, & people really drive fast up there... Some bloke had stuck a fairly newish car in the hedge... As i drove by, there was a pikey with a eurocargo hiab wagon dragging it out the hedge.. I know it wasn't a recovery as the car was being dragged out on its roof by a chain...... Anyway, i drove back later & there was a bloke with a briefcase looking at the hole where his car used to be..

brainsnova
19-03-12, 07:42 PM
Some Pikeys have no morals

mowgli
19-03-12, 07:47 PM
get rid of the word 'Some' from that sentence.. and you'll be right

Calamity Josh
19-03-12, 08:00 PM
last year, 2days before christmas we had about 3 grands worth of tools, welders, wheels and tyres, and loads more including the brake lines and radiators off all the racing cars stolen... seriously was on the verge of selling what was left up! the police didn't care- we had no insurance or anything, you could see the tyre tracks and footprints across the field because of the snow. but the police said they needed clean, smooth shiny surfaces for fingerprints; erm it's a workshop and was about -10 so they would have been wearing gloves

Andy
19-03-12, 08:05 PM
You had thousands of pounds worth of tools and no insurance?
What a foolish thing to do!

Connor
19-03-12, 08:18 PM
I think its a tad harsh branding all pikeys scum. Although a considerate percentage are, but back at home in essex, theres a large camp just outside my town, and a majority of them are really friendly i even know quite a few by name and stop and talk to them, and they seem to have alot of respect for locals, there are of course the cnuts but i would say more than 75% are ok on this site. The actual travellers are worse but the settled ones can be ok imo. I know alot of other sites are alot worse, im just saying this one isnt that bad.

Andy
19-03-12, 08:30 PM
And lets also not confuse thieving cants with pikeys.Not everybody who steals is a pikey.

mowgli
19-03-12, 08:34 PM
round this way, quite a few are actually drug addicts who owe the travellers lots of money & get sent out with a robbing list... 2 years ago, a couple of druggies ran over a farmer when trying to nick his landrover...

when some appeared at our place, they actually had an escape car as well as an old 4x4 & tried to nick our plant trailer....

Connor
19-03-12, 08:34 PM
And lets also not confuse thieving cants with pikeys.Not everybody who steals is a pikey.
+rep. My estate is renown for thefts but its the hoodrats and crackheads, not the pikeys.

autoworksnovasport
19-03-12, 08:40 PM
had a spare hour waiting for a customer today so heres todays efforts made a right mess of the door :( have to get the paint out tomorow

http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/1527/sheddoor.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/834/sheddoor.jpg/)

Old man Jimbo
20-03-12, 10:23 AM
Good effort but from my experience if they want in they are getting in.

Usually through the roof or even a wall! they don't give a funk what or how they get in.

It might be worth you and who ever are on your estate chipping in for a security guard and pester the landlord for a fence and gates or you will all moving to a site with better security. If you all get together and threaten on mass they will usually sing to your tune.

That's what we did on my last estate. We where getting robbed one by one. So we all said we where off!

autoworksnovasport
20-03-12, 11:35 AM
yeah i know if they want to get in they will get in but just putting as much stuff theyve got to undo get through as possible just to keep them there longer i only live 2-3 minuits away so thats 5 minuits in the middle of the night! hopefully it will never happen but if (when) it does id like to meet them there ;)

Old man Jimbo
20-03-12, 12:33 PM
You are a brave lad tackling a gang of gypos on the rob in the middle of the night!

I wont ask any more lol

brainsnova
20-03-12, 12:49 PM
Run at them with copper pipes and you'll confuse them whether to run or ask if they can have it lol

_Jake
20-03-12, 12:57 PM
I live in the **** end of nowhere and work on a farm, we often have pikeys floating around in transit vans looking for any old crap they can nick from work, but it seems to be more hare coarsers we have a problem with. both the same scum either way, autoworksnovasport; take photos of them if they come round again, thats what my bossman does and they ****ing hate it! if they get lippy dont back down either, although they might find a few farmers a bit more daunting than a bloke in his workshop lol

Calamity Josh
20-03-12, 08:26 PM
You had thousands of pounds worth of tools and no insurance?
What a foolish thing to do!

You tell me where i can get insurance on a £70 a month ex piggery with an asbestos roof....

autoworksnovasport
20-03-12, 08:48 PM
You tell me where i can get insurance on a £70 a month ex piggery with an asbestos roof....

snap!! but mine costs more and it was stables:confused::confused:

as far as metting the gypos in the middle of the night ?? just have to see how it goes lol

"jake" cheers for the advise getting pictures may be a good idea
pretty sure there not going to argue with me mate ive been told im a bit intimadating even when im being nice:roll:

MK999
20-03-12, 09:43 PM
pretty sure there not going to argue with me mate ive been told im a bit intimadating even when im being nice:roll:

Well, how were you to know his name wasn't actually c**ty bollocks lol

autoworksnovasport
20-03-12, 09:45 PM
thats true ;)