PDA

View Full Version : Custom exhausts

Markd89
16-03-12, 01:12 PM
Im putting a 1.6 C16se into my nova saloon, does anyone know what kind of exhaust will fit, im handy with a welder so thats not a problem so maybe a standard nova gte exhaust and modify it a little to fit the loon, is this possible anyone had any experience ?

Connor
16-03-12, 01:16 PM
A gsi exhaust will fit, will just need the backbox extending after it goes over the rear axle, i believe anyways.

mowgli
16-03-12, 01:54 PM
The 1.2/1.3/1.4/1.4spi saloon exhausts will fit. Obviously the spi version will already have the fitting for a lambda sensor, but its hardly a high performance option.. Connor is right about the gsi exhaust, and the gsi/non gsi backboxes are interchangeable, so the std saloon backbox will fit the gsi system & is pretty much internally identical too...

Markd89
16-03-12, 10:52 PM
im not after performance as its a daily car, dont want anything too loud, i will be fitting a 2" sports backbox when i put the engine in, i'll buy a new downpipe and center section.

Just need to find a nova saloon registration i can use to get a quote on the parts, would i need the nova saloon manifold aswell as ive noticed that the astra once looks slightly bigger and the astra downpipe seems to be bigger, the lambda sensor is in the manifold