PDA

View Full Version : What cam have i got??

Adam Moran
23-07-03, 11:01 AM
Is there anyway of telling what type of cam ive got?
The engine is a 1.6, i think it might be standrd but it pulls really hard after 4k to 6.5k?

:?

Ad

Dicko
23-07-03, 11:34 AM
the gte engine is like that anyways. maybe if u take the dizzy off and have a look at that end there might be a marking on it. otherwise its gonna be a massive job to find out. putting it on a rolling road might give more indication if compared to another gte engine.

ahve you drilled the airbox yet mate?

Adam Moran
23-07-03, 01:52 PM
Yep,

Drilled the airbox and fitted 2 air feeds to it. Havent noticed any power gains though.

But to bo honest the performance is pot luck!

1 day its flat all the way though the revs (and picks up soooo slow) and other days its like a rocketship!

Ad

Dicko
23-07-03, 03:30 PM
maybe you have a fualty afm or temp sensor

Ben (lurk75)
23-07-03, 03:53 PM
He bought another AFM off of us, unlikely that both would be faulty and giving the same syptoms.

Adam Moran
23-07-03, 05:17 PM
I've actully got 3 AFM's now! Got one from a scrapyard cause i needed the black box that its attached too.

It's defo not the AFM, i think its the fueling. It used to be a 1.2i and im still using that setup. I'm going to change it all soon for GSI stuff and see how that goes.

There is one thing, on the return fuel pipe i have a in-line fuel filter (small plastic jobbie) that we used to join the pipes when doing the conversion. I have a funny feeling this is on the wrong way round, would that cause it??

Ad

Stuart
23-07-03, 05:37 PM
well its obvious the fuelling wont be right if your still running 1.2i ecu, FOOL

asfar as im aware the single point system dosent have an airmass/afm so buing a new one for your current setup is silly.

get the 1.6 kit on or carbs or anything better than the 1.2i stuff

Ben (lurk75)
23-07-03, 05:48 PM
I think Adam means he is still using the fuel lines/tank/pump from the 1.2 and not the GSi setup.

I am sure he is using the ECU etc of the GSi engine.

If you are dubious of the in line filter, try it the other way, for the sake of 2 minutes to change it, its not worth spending naything else until you try that.

The swirlpot in the GSi tank would help if you are cutting out whilst cornering etc.

Adam Moran
23-07-03, 06:29 PM
Yeah i mean the fuel tank, line ect.

i will turn that filter around and see how that goes, i'll proberly just get a connecter and chuck it away cause theres no point cleaning the returning fuel!

Ben, as soon as ive got some money i'll give you a shout for the GSI stuff!

Cheers

Ad