PDA

View Full Version : Nova GTE Engine

bad_boy_nova
23-07-03, 10:42 AM
What should i do to a Nova GTE engine to get the most power out of it without spending ridiculous amounts of money? Cheers

Dicko
23-07-03, 11:36 AM
dont fit an induction kit, drill the airbox, remove the silly funnel thing inside it, get a chip or even a cheap cloned chip as i did (payed ?30 for a clone)

after this go and get the air/fuel and timing setup at a garage.

next step would be a kent cam or if money is available a B+ head. keep your eyes open for a B+ head as this is defo the way to go if you can!!

bad_boy_nova
23-07-03, 11:57 AM
Cheers Dicko! Except, why do you say "dont fit an induction kit"? Is it because you dont get the freezing cold air with an induction kit?

Dicko
23-07-03, 12:03 PM
correct, it sucks more warm air off the engine. also costs money when its not gianing as much bhp as the drilled airbox as proven on many ocasions!!

brian
24-07-03, 01:07 AM
the air box is the way to go.

Fester
24-07-03, 01:21 AM
i have the 'pipercross' induction cone on mine and can really feel it struggling in the hot weather we've been having lately, conversely at night where it gets chilly there is a stack of difference. obviously i cant quote any speed or power figures. the difference really is night and day (haha sorry)

i dont know how modified airbox would compare to induction cone in these cold and damp conditions, i would say less favourably. overall in the current climate i would not have bought the cone but would have gone modified airbox. maybe look again at winter as to what the best solution will be

this is just what i reckon from my own experienceon the GTE!

novax
27-07-03, 12:10 AM
Yep, agree with all of that. One addition tho. Get your injectors cleaned professionally, it'll cost about ?60 but correct dispersal of fuel will give you engine a new lease of life.

I have a set of injectors for sale if you can't afford your car off the road for a week or so.

Mark
27-07-03, 12:41 AM
Fuel boost valve, driven one with it and one without, what a difference!

Evolution
27-07-03, 08:29 AM
Ok im taking note:

1. Drill aribox & remove silly funnel thing
2. Get it set up professionally
3. Fit fuel boost valve.

ok are there any guides on the net on how to do 1 & 3?

Mark
27-07-03, 09:29 AM
I don't know if there is a piece on the net about Fuel Boost Valves, but there is one fitted to the GTE I have just collected and there are two pages A4 on how to fit etc that you get with one if you buy it new. I you do buy one second hand and don't get the instructions let me know and I will scan them and send them to you. Looks like the kits retail around the ?90 mark.

locky
27-07-03, 12:52 PM
i have the 'pipercross' induction cone on mine and can really feel it struggling in the hot weather we've been having lately, conversely at night where it gets chilly there is a stack of difference.

Same here m8! it seems a little more responsive in the evenings, im gonna try n make a heat shield, and then get a bit of alu covu tubing so its contantly getting air! thing is, my engine bay gets really hot, even after a short drive! im hoping a new radiator will sort this as mine is badly damaged, and im using the 1.2 item!

Fester
27-07-03, 03:32 PM
yeah mine gets roasting too they perform poorly in hot weather, its worth leaving on for evening driving though imo

locky
27-07-03, 07:10 PM
Oh yeah defo! the induction sound is very tasty 2! im using the pipercross filter also! im very suprised of the heat of the engine bay tho!