Neil.
23-07-03, 01:34 AM
where's cheapest place to buy these,?

Will
23-07-03, 01:43 AM
they are rubbish, well skirts are cool but depends wot else ur gona doooooo

Neil.
23-07-03, 01:48 AM
well im having blended novadose side skirts, gsi front bumper, i aint a clue what for the back so, i'm keeping it subtle, is a GSi rear bumper different from Mk2 bumper?

?Marty?
23-07-03, 01:49 AM
My advice would be to buy second hand.

I know that it doesn't seem as good, but it would be better, as it would already be complete with mounting points, and the post-production imperfections would have been sorted (or would show in the paint finish). i.e it'd already would have been smoothed over and made ready for painting and 'modified' to fit.

All you'd have to have done then is change the colour. Simple.

(Unless the bumper was fucked up, and trimmed too much and etc)

Carisma sell the skirts for ?95, but the bumper is ?130. To be honest, wou won't find them for significantly less than what you get them at ccm, and if you do they will compromise on quality.

Buy secondhand - ben, and Tilly had (and may possibly still have that kit for sale, they may sell parts seperate?). And Tilly's was unused/never fitted.

Check with ProSport (don't have contact no on hand) as, as far as i remember, they produced the original kit.

Neil.
23-07-03, 01:55 AM
what kit might tilly and ben have? And is GSi rear bumper different from mk2 bumper. just went on CCM, saw thier prices, just need it asap u see.!

?Marty?
23-07-03, 01:59 AM
Bollocks, just re read your post, and i could have sworn that last time it said 'where can i get novadose sideskirts and rear bumper' and that the prices were listed for those two items from ccm!

I'm fuckin' Hallucinating!

Neil.
23-07-03, 02:10 AM
it did marty, ive decided im going to GSi front and rear bumper and novadose side skirts. just need prices for them.

?Marty?
23-07-03, 02:12 AM
GSi front bumper - ?139 (original GM) from Peter Maiden Components.

GSi rear bumper isn't SIGNIFICANTLY different from the Mk2 one.

Novadose skirts - ?95 from Carisma Style.

If i was you (which i'm not), i'd get:
- a GSi front bumper fit a SEAT splitter to it, and big-mouth the bumper itself.
You could even fit subtle vents into the sides.

- Novadose skirts, blended into the sides.

- Novadose rear bumper.

Neil.
23-07-03, 02:21 AM
is it easy to big mouth the gsi front bumper and got a pic of novadose rear bumper?

Neil.
23-07-03, 02:47 AM
just seen a pic of them, think ill get novadose skirts and rear bumper off carisma, costing me ?225.00 then get a Gsi front bumper. cheers marty for ur help!

?Marty?
23-07-03, 03:24 PM
It is easy to big mouth the front bumper, but, despite what i said earlier, i think you should leave it as it is. And don't mesh the front grille either.

Looks better if you're going for the subtle/smooth look, on chrome rims.

Neil.
24-07-03, 01:43 AM
cheers i think ill leave it as it is, might get a nother grill if my current one dont suit it.

Fester
24-07-03, 01:46 AM
Kingdom do the 'Big Mouth' bumper which looks like a moulding of the GSi bumper, but its deeper and this has a bigger cutout. Its available with spotlight holes but these look pap on this bumper

i think its pretty cool

?Marty?
24-07-03, 02:39 AM
Nah, i think that bumper sucks ass (or something equally South Park-ish).

The GSi one looks better when bigmouthed, as the Kingdom one is just one huge piece of fiberglass. Smooth is good, but it's TOO smooth (read as in plain).

And doesn't look as good with a splitter as a GSi one does. But looks too plain without one, especially on the sides (needs a vent or two).

Sorry to disagree with you Fester. You know i love you.

Fester
24-07-03, 02:17 PM
listen bitch i'll let you know when youre allowed to speak your mind!

?Marty?
24-07-03, 05:14 PM
calm down my little pony :lol:

Damogolfgti
24-07-03, 11:37 PM
i just put this kit on my car and i think it looks wicked, so go for it mate :D

?Marty?
26-07-03, 04:11 AM
DON'T DO IT! It'll look just like Damos!! :lol:

Neil.
26-07-03, 01:23 PM
nah mine'll be different, it'll have different VIN number :lol:

Snowface
26-07-03, 05:50 PM
is it easier to fir a GTE front bumper to a mk1 or go to the hassle of drilling new holes for the mk2 GSI?

What about sr mk1 and 2, can u colour code them to look as good?

Damogolfgti
26-07-03, 05:53 PM
that's ok then nova :lol:

Neil.
27-07-03, 12:54 AM
hehe, plus different colour