PDA

View Full Version : I got some work done and new tyres... didnt charge for my tyres...

nova1992
12-03-12, 11:54 PM
I got some tyres fitted and new water pump and cam belt,

The garage didn't charge me for tyres, i paid for my water pump and cam belt + fitting, i have a receipt they handed my keys and told me to have a nice day,

Is that a criminal offence? To be quite honest i think its just there mistake, And im struggling for money as it is and cant afford to pay now,

Please let me share I didn't release they hadn't charged me for the tyres until i got home as they were shutting up and I was in a rush.

Cheers guys.

Bubba
13-03-12, 12:25 AM
their mistake...so its fine :p they should have checked a bit better :d

brainsnova
13-03-12, 12:55 AM
Did they shaft you for fitting the water pump and belt.

Jack
13-03-12, 08:16 AM
Yes, you're going to prison to be botty raped in the showers lol

Bear in mind they do have a legal right to still demand payment for the tyres. Does beg the question though, what happened to the money you had to pay for them?

turbojolt
13-03-12, 09:24 AM
karma will come back in the form of two unrepairble punchers me thinks

JunkMan
13-03-12, 09:31 AM
I dont think its theft as you didnt jump into the car while it was on the stand and do some crazy Dukes of Hazzard Sh*t, they simply didnt bill you for the work, So as Jack said there mistake, but if they relise they could ask for payment, but not sure.

richi
13-03-12, 09:51 AM
Someone told me I myth that at a petrol station if you bought some cigs and petrol and they forgot to ask you if you had any furl unlucky its not your fault, don't believe it myself but they do always ask if you have any fuel

JunkMan
13-03-12, 09:58 AM
Someone told me I myth that at a petrol station if you bought some cigs and petrol and they forgot to ask you if you had any furl unlucky its not your fault, don't believe it myself but they do always ask if you have any fuel

Dont care if its a myth, im trying this!

pie
13-03-12, 10:16 AM
^^ lol

go back and do a massive burnout :thumb:

as above its they fault not yours :) free tyres FTW ;)

Jack
13-03-12, 12:11 PM
karma will come back in the form of two unrepairble punchers me thinks
Poo punchers? lol

I'd say the fuel thing is a myth, in fact it would surely be classed as theft on the part of the customer? The petrol station could get your details from your reg plate (via DVLA) and send you a bill anyway.

mowgli
13-03-12, 12:15 PM
i find that the best thing to do when faced with being undercharged is to keep schtum about it for a while, & not plaster it all over the interweb...

ok, the garage might contact you, or not, but you have admitted to it.

brainsnova
13-03-12, 05:16 PM
The garage owner will join tonight lol have your PayPal ready

Spudly
13-03-12, 05:27 PM
As Jack asked, if you had the work done, then surely you had the funds to pay for it all, where has the money that shouldve been for the tyres now gone?

Im sorry but i personally would go and question them about it but my mum often tells me im too honest for my own good, typical example the other week..

Ive been standing in doing our trade parts deliveries at work, and i took a pair of nissan cabstar handbrake cables to one backstreet garage, bloke was in a rush and when he paid me it was all in £20's, the invoice was £110.43, so he gave me the £0.43 and then £120, i gave him £10 change asked him to sign my delivery sheet to which he replied 'just put a scribble on it, that will do'

I did this, wandered out and quickly thumbed through the notes he had given me (not my money so i ALWAYS check it) and counted, 10, 20, 40, 60, 80, 100, 120, 140, 160, (wait a minute) checked it all, £220 he had given me, so i wandered back in, told him he had robbed himself and given me £100 too much, he was gobsmacked as for one he hadnt realised, and two was shocked that i hadnt just pocketed it!

He thanked me and i left, naturally part of me wished it were possible to have kept it but i was pleased with the fact that i hadnt, and that id done the right thing:thumb:

In all fairness he wouldve noticed eventually and i would certainly have lost my job when it came to light, so there wouldve been no point in my keeping it anyway!

Iain
13-03-12, 05:43 PM
You honest potato, you.

I have a similar story. I bought a Subway sandwich and used a coupon to gain a free cookie. All well and good, then she managed to charge me half the price of the sandwich in an unfortunate cookie-price-removal-mishap.

Long story short, I'm constantly looking over my shoulder, worrying at every siren I hear, and I haven't eaten anything since.

Do the right thing and hand yourself in.

Edd
13-03-12, 05:43 PM
Spud, surely your making that up ? lol you should of had that in your wallet before you left the car park !!!! lol

It's like if you find a wallet on the floor, everybody knows to clear it of cash then chuck it back down lol

Nice one on the tyres btw :)

Iain
13-03-12, 05:47 PM
Buyers notice: Double check any cash handed over to Edd for any items purchased lol

brainsnova
13-03-12, 05:52 PM
Buyers notice: Double check any cash handed over to Edd for any items purchased lol

So Alex j might after all get £200 for the interior lol

Spudly
13-03-12, 05:57 PM
Spud, surely your making that up ? lol you should of had that in your wallet before you left the car park !!!! lol

Nope, what could i have said if id pocketed it, and then later on he phones the dealership wanting to know why i took his £200 for a £100 part and didnt say anything, its not worth risking my job over so i handed it back, if everyone did things like that and thought of others before themselves once in a while then this world would be that little better imo!

Jack
13-03-12, 05:58 PM
Bloody hell spud, you could have bought Hull for that and had enough change left over to buy 100 McDonalds cheeseburgers!

Iain
13-03-12, 06:03 PM
Buying Hull is supposed to tempt him into being dishonest? lol (Wow a Mowgli style joke, he'll be proud)

Southie
13-03-12, 06:15 PM
lol go on Iain lol

Spud I'd of done the same tbh.

As for the tyres then let's hope you got a good brand lol

Novasport
13-03-12, 08:11 PM
I had a guy over pay me £20 on an invoice, he did not realise but I was honest and returned his cash.

I also had a customer have his car returned without him paying for his replacement wheel(Maintenance work was covered but not damaged parts). I rang him everyday, hunted down & harrassed him for the thieving dishonest pig he was. He paid ;)

brainsnova
13-03-12, 08:43 PM
I got paid £20 more than I wanted for my xe. He left a deposit so when he came back to pay the rest and pick up the engine I gave him it back :d

boomtings1
14-03-12, 10:14 PM
Tesco self cheakouts are good, sometimes they get mixed up on which notes u put in. So i put a £5 note in and got like £7 change back