PDA

View Full Version : Little problem...

Gazza14SR
22-07-03, 11:16 PM
I have removed all vinyl from the car except for 2 small areas. Early last year the previous owner had a new front end carried out at vauxhall due to an accident.

The Vinyl that is on both wings at the bottom will not come off, i have tried everything i can think of inc, hot air gun, industrial hot air gun, cellulose thinners. Notthing has budged! I took it to my mate and he seams to think its 'painted' on to the wing.

Anyone know anythin else i can try? I am getting a respray soon so dont mind too much about the paintwork but still wanna try and keep it neat.

Thanks

brian
22-07-03, 11:43 PM
its probably matt black. works a treat as the vinal look. and if a new front end went on im nearly certain its paint

Ben (lurk75)
23-07-03, 12:11 AM
I just sold a tailgate the same.

Looked like Vynal across the bottom and even flet like it but was painted- like blackboard paint.

benji
23-07-03, 06:47 PM
go to looms' and get 2 new wings probably pay ?5 each but will have to look around for a decent pair, then get them painted

Ben (lurk75)
23-07-03, 06:54 PM
?5 for a MK2 wing, where is this i am going to buy the lot :!:

Gazza14SR
23-07-03, 07:28 PM
Good plan benji, went there today (beofre i read this) got 2 new headrests - 2 pound each, mint taigate with smoothed rear wiper with windscreen SR spoiler attached sprayed white for 15 pound, a new clear front indicator for a quid and some gsi sideskirts for a fiver.

Best scrappy av come across for cheap but good parts.

Cheese
23-07-03, 07:42 PM
Where abouts in Derby is this scrapyard??

Gazza14SR
23-07-03, 07:49 PM
In spondon, about 30 seconds walk from the B&Q and asda superstore.

If you need more info pm me.

Cheese
23-07-03, 10:42 PM
Nice one, Know where Spondon is, and pretty sure i know ASDA too. Will get in touch when im back in Derby in a few weeks :D

Thanks alot matey :D

benji
26-07-03, 05:05 PM
i went down last week to get some bis and saw a red carpet, it was immaculate, i went back 2 days later to get it and the car had been crushed :(

Gazza14SR
26-07-03, 06:04 PM
been down today and got blue bonnect with the astra vents on for a nova, its immaculate, got for a tenna which i thought was quite reasonable!