PDA

View Full Version : e16se engine mods

Curtoise
11-03-12, 11:15 PM
just wondering for future reference as i do like these engines, whats the best route to take without going down the twin carb route? as thats impractical on fuel for a daily!

cheers :thumb:

bazil
11-03-12, 11:26 PM
You can't chip them so your limited by the standard fuelling which keeps big power gains down

But cam, exhaust, air filter, etc

You can fit early XE injectors to improve fuelling if required.

nevidred
12-03-12, 07:23 AM
early xe injectors with a 1.6 205 gti afm makes a difference

philip
12-03-12, 07:38 AM
ported head, 4 branch, decent filter, fast road cam.

GRUNT 16V
12-03-12, 10:33 AM
Blydenstein B+ head if you can get one decent exhaust and the Blydenstien airbox mod makes one hell of a difference and if you gat a cam dont go any lower than a 285 deg as you will not notice any difference at all hope this helps

mowgli
12-03-12, 10:36 AM
basically, head work first.

i'd say go for a megasquirt type thing next, as the std fuelling is poor....there are some afm mods to be made, but the std intake is man enough for 150hp anyway.

higher compression pistons & a decent cam would gain loads too

Curtoise
12-03-12, 08:59 PM
How could you raise the compression but stop pinking? Someone once said they used to hit the regulator with a socket to raise fueling ?

mowgli
13-03-12, 08:02 AM
a compression rise needs a different ignition system sorting out.. like i said, megasquirt or similar...
the only way to raise fueling is to actually alter the circuitry to increase the opening times of the injectors... seriously, it is one of the resistors on the pcb in the afm..

Curtoise
13-03-12, 05:41 PM
really? so if you found out what one and worked out which way to change it you could theoretically make the fuelling better

mowgli
13-03-12, 05:50 PM
Its a bit more scientific than that, but with a few variable resistors rigged up to the right points, you could pretty much 're-map' a jetronic setup.....people used to do tuning boxes for stuff like mantas that ran jetronic efi to do just that, but they were spliced into the loom

Curtoise
13-03-12, 05:55 PM
that does sound very interesting to be honest i would love to look into it further, it would be like having a manual re-map that surley if they are variable you could adjust the fueling as you drive for economy ect?