PDA

View Full Version : concentric top mounts question

t40nova
09-03-12, 06:48 PM
got myself some new suspension and want to change to solid top mounts are these easy enough fitted or is there any cutting,modding involved?

MARTIN KELSON
09-03-12, 07:48 PM
Hi
I always get confused which is which.
I think Concentric are the non adjustable ones, if thats correct bolt straight on no mods required (aslong as you have coilovers of course :) )

Iain
09-03-12, 07:51 PM
You're right Martin, concentric should fit the turret without modifications. Eccentric (adjustable ones) will fit with minimal adjustment availability still though.

Fitting to coilover struts can vary with the need for spacers/threading/mods.

t40nova
09-03-12, 08:22 PM
yeah there non ajustable,its not coilover's i bought so they won't fit? could you recommend some good top mounts that's up for the job dont really want to put gm one's on lol :thumb:

Gareth_C
09-03-12, 08:44 PM
Why won't they fit on a normal style strut your only replacing the top I would assume you would just use the same setup minus the rubber bit??

japsportscarmad
10-03-12, 05:54 PM
I put them on mine then took them off they adjust but just make driving off track really bad and vibrates it feels like they will come through the strut tops. Im running about 400 bhp with a let on Jenveys with plennum and roller bearing turbo and just got no real advantage. will help on track though.