PDA

View Full Version : Richmond sausages

turbojolt
08-03-12, 05:48 PM
They are Minging peices of tasteless'Ness, that will be all.

Please feel free to discuss your favourite and less fravourite sausages below

Lewis.
08-03-12, 05:52 PM
agreed, they are utter ****e.

The best sausages in the whole world come from Picks Butchers, in Dorrington, Lincs lol FACT.

Andy
08-03-12, 05:58 PM
Spud will agree on this,the best sausages are from a little shop near me,locally pruduced a couple of miles up the road from me.
Richmond sausages taste and look like richmond superkings lol

Spudly
08-03-12, 06:05 PM
Lmfao @ Andy's comparison lol

But i have to agree the local wares from Andy's area are sublime:thumb:

JunkMan
08-03-12, 07:12 PM
Best sausage sandwich are the ones served at Kiddiminster SVR cafe, made down the road from the station.

Benn
08-03-12, 09:51 PM
Pfft i really like them.

One thing i have are the Cumberland thing, taste like they have floor cleaner in...

Mike
08-03-12, 09:58 PM
Richmond sausages taste and look like richmond superkings lol

This.

turbojolt
08-03-12, 11:26 PM
Lmfao @ Andy's comparison lol

But i have to agree the local wares from Andy's area are sublime:thumb:

Mowgli told me all you mods love a bit of sausage

24sevenslacker
09-03-12, 01:22 AM
I had some sausage in the toilets of the local park..... Ooops did i just say that out loud?

Tanya.
09-03-12, 06:01 AM
Richmonds are horrible. I don't really have a particular favourite. I have a slight allergy to pork so if I have a sausage I'm really fussy about which ones I have.

Jack
09-03-12, 07:31 AM
if I have a sausage I'm really fussy about which ones I have.
Chortle lol

Benn
09-03-12, 08:00 AM
I have a slight allergy to pork so if I have

Is it wrong i laugh out loud to that?

Tanya.
09-03-12, 08:25 AM
Must remember to word things better on this site... lol

JunkMan
09-03-12, 08:31 AM
Are Richmonds, sausages or bangers by definanition? Im not sure...

Alex J
09-03-12, 09:21 AM
worst sausage ever, did an eight pack the other week in two sandwiches , spent the rest of the day on the ****ter

Connor
09-03-12, 11:17 AM
lol @ this thread, and andys richmond comparison (too true)
All about a local butchers cumberlands nom nom

mowgli
09-03-12, 12:00 PM
i get my sausages from a local farm shop.. they are really thin, like a chipolata(who cares how its spelt) but use locally produced pork & are excellent... a lot of the supermarket speciality ones are awful....richmonds are just bread & pork fat and thus shouldn't be eaten by people.....if budgets are tight, then the lidl english sausages are pretty good in a fry up.

my missus once bought an asda 'chip shop style' battered sausage & chips meal for molly, my eldest kid, when she was about 2.... molly took one bite, yelled dog & slung the lot on the kitchen floor...and the dog sniffed it & walked away...i've never encountered anything that smelled as bad as that & still be sold as food....

Andy
09-03-12, 01:08 PM
worst sausage ever, did an eight pack the other week in two sandwiches , spent the rest of the day on the ****ter
I did exactly the same.
Im not joking.

Stuart
09-03-12, 02:39 PM
We have richmonds a fair bit, they are nice simple sausages, as we've four the poncey cumberland etc ones are just overly complicated and 9/10 times the non richmonds BBQ up terribly.

Love complicated other food stuff though.

mowgli
09-03-12, 02:57 PM
Bbq is the worst way ever to cook sausages.....

Low heat in a pan slowly with a cut up onion, some brown sugar & a good drop of port....the onions caramelise & combine with the port to make a brilliant gravy, then serve with a small mountain of mash or in a huge yorkshire pudding.... And i'm spent

Stuart
09-03-12, 03:01 PM
If you actually use a BBQ/Grille/Smoker correctly its the best way to cook everything :) Took a while of lashing up many packs of sausages on the BBQ before working out the good way, and its like the low heat in a pan trick :) and they taste goooood.

mowgli
09-03-12, 03:06 PM
i actually use a frying pan on my bbq cos those poxy tin foil things don't last, and its a gas one with decent heat control....

Stuart
09-03-12, 03:10 PM
Might aswell cook indoors on the hob then.... GAS is NOT a BBQ fuel!

Southie
09-03-12, 03:17 PM
One for Tanya lol

http://www.britishcornershop.co.uk/images/large/CLEN1967.jpg

Andy
09-03-12, 03:35 PM
Actually a george foreskin is best for cooking sausages but pan fry is quicker.
BBQ is a little too extreme heat,very hard to time right,especially if you have had a shed load like i usually have when doing bbq lol
Stuart,100% right a bbq should NOT be gas,may aswell just run an extension pipe outside to have a cooker outside lol

Andy
09-03-12, 03:37 PM
brilliant gravy, then serve with a small mountain of mash or in a huge yorkshire pudding.... And i'm spent
Thats a typical Norvern meal lol
Tord int' hoyle lol

Alex J
09-03-12, 03:48 PM
deep fat fry is the best way to cook everything lol

Andy
09-03-12, 03:53 PM
deep fat fry is the best way to cook everything lol
God no.
Stinks all your house and clothes out.
lol i used to laugh as every council estate in my home city of hull stank of chip fat,used to joke that when given your council house keys you got a deep fat fryer lol
That said,theres naebody worse than the scots,they deep fry cigs and that lol

Alex J
09-03-12, 04:18 PM
cant beat a deep fat fried mars bar or cream egg, its a meal un half right there!

mowgli
09-03-12, 04:47 PM
cant beat a deep fat fried mars bar or cream egg, its a meal un half right there!

the good thing about people who eat this stuff is that it puts them in an early grave....

I bet darwin didn't have a chip fryer......

mowgli
09-03-12, 08:37 PM
heres one i made earlier
13 lincolnshire sausages & some batter, and the black stuff is caramelised onion & mushrooms....it was nice.....

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q119/mowglinova/012-1.jpg

Andy
09-03-12, 08:43 PM
It really looks it aswell!!!
why am i tempted to attempt this now?!!!
Bet it was nice with the hobgoblin?

mowgli
09-03-12, 08:48 PM
oh yes.... 2 for £3 at the co-op up the road....

to hell with the recession....

mowgli
09-03-12, 08:49 PM
just chuck some brown sugar in with the onion when its frying, it makes it taste divine.

Andy
09-03-12, 08:51 PM
Thats pretty good,morrisons usually have ales on good offers also.
Jack once gave me some stuff he picks up from cornwall area,very nice drink.I forget the name though?
I'll have to try that thanks,although the shop i use sells them with caremelised onions already in,then i flash them all round to seal flavour,really nice.

Jack
09-03-12, 08:52 PM
Spingo? I'm off there on Monday lol

Andy
09-03-12, 08:54 PM
Spingo? I'm off there on Monday lol
Thats the stuff!
Gorgeous stuff is that!

mowgli
09-03-12, 08:56 PM
i had some doom last week & i don't think its as good as it was......

Jack
09-03-12, 08:58 PM
Tribute has been tasting a bit off lately too, although it still tastes good out the mini kegs they sell :) Might have to divert past st austell as well then lol

Andy
09-03-12, 08:58 PM
Tastes change,i once thought i would drink 20/20 forever lol

mowgli
09-03-12, 08:59 PM
i love going to woolacombe on a break, then hitting the red barn, cos their draught st.Austell stuff is sublime.....

Andy
09-03-12, 09:04 PM
i love going to woolacombe on a break, then hitting the red barn, cos their draught st.Austell stuff is sublime.....
Went to Exmouth on holiday last year and year before,me the mrs and the 2 kids.1st year i brought a 5l white spirit style bottle of cider home-Excellent,nice sharp taste-bolloxed.(Jack i believe spud text you the pic?) Bought in brixham
2nd year Got 5l of trash cider in the spud toothbreaker bottle from brixham again and it was like vinegar.Crap,sweet taste,yak!

mowgli
09-03-12, 09:10 PM
i'm not too sure of the quality, but the cripple cock stuff hits the spot quite hard.....

Stuart
09-03-12, 09:27 PM
St Awfull beer has been awful for MANY years.

Doombar isn't the best in bottles but its still a damn fine drop. If you can find it the Sharps Atlantic IPA is good as is Eden.