PDA

View Full Version : home made HT Leads

Bubba
08-03-12, 01:03 AM
basically, how hard is it and has anyone done it? ive just seen 8mm core HT lead on ebay for £3/m

i dont really want to spend out loads on the e30 or the nova if i can do it for a fraction on the cost.

swedge
08-03-12, 06:27 AM
I was thinking about this too as I'm using a ford coil pack on my megajolt setup and the leads are huge and would like to make some the perfect size

I'm guessing you can buy the ends somewhere?

I've pulled a lead apart before by accident and it looks like there's just a metal clip that's squashed onto the cable, this was the plug end dunno about the cool pack/dizzy end

joff-turbo-nova
08-03-12, 07:22 AM
There's a how to about half way down this thread :-

http://retrorides.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=readersrides&action=display&thread=37192&page=32

Joff

novasrikev
08-03-12, 07:32 AM
you can get the rubber covers metal ends and the tool to do it should be easy enough

Dayle_
09-03-12, 09:31 AM
I visited a friend down my local motor factors and he had be a set made up for £22. These included each lead length the correct length, A Vauxhall plug end on one side and a ford coil pack on the other. I did find a website that did a kit including a special crimping tool but it was about £30 which was more expensive than the leads!