PDA

View Full Version : Redtop help...

PinkyInk
04-03-12, 08:59 PM
Ok just got a nova with a redtop conversion...
and the brakes stoped working the next day, all the brake fluid has gone
and the pedal is too the floor, but we think its the brake servo.

What im stuck with is what Brake Servo should i replace it with?
a standard 1.2 one which is what the car originally was? or is there a better one?
I havnt got a clue so would love any advice...

Thanks Sian

joff-turbo-nova
04-03-12, 09:11 PM
From memory I think the master cylinders are all the same, however the servo from the GTE or GSI is bigger giving the brake pedal a better feel.

Cheers

Joff

brucer
04-03-12, 09:16 PM
if i was you i would check for leaks else where, put some fluid back in it and pump the pedal. if you can get somebody to check for leaks around the car.

PinkyInk
04-03-12, 09:30 PM
From memory I think the master cylinders are all the same, however the servo from the GTE or GSI is bigger giving the brake pedal a better feel.

Cheers

Joff

Thanks mate :)

PinkyInk
04-03-12, 09:32 PM
if i was you i would check for leaks else where, put some fluid back in it and pump the pedal. if you can get somebody to check for leaks around the car.

Yep im going to fill it back up and see if i can see some leaks.. but the thing is the pedal is to the floor :/

autoworksnovasport
04-03-12, 09:46 PM
sri are also bigger (got a few here)

undo the 2 13mm nuts on the master cylinder and gently pull it away from the servo put your fingers inside as you may need a master cylinder aswell if its leaked into the servo

PinkyInk
04-03-12, 10:10 PM
sri are also bigger (got a few here)

undo the 2 13mm nuts on the master cylinder and gently pull it away from the servo put your fingers inside as you may need a master cylinder aswell if its leaked into the servo

Cheers mate
I will look into that with my master cylinder..
Just wondering tho if i was to put one of the bigger servos in the master cylinder anyway, will that fit no problem ye?

autoworksnovasport
04-03-12, 10:15 PM
do you mean if you put your master on a bigger servo?? yeah it will fit but your best off using the cylinder from an sri/gte/gsi also

PinkyInk
04-03-12, 11:25 PM
do you mean if you put your master on a bigger servo?? yeah it will fit but your best off using the cylinder from an sri/gte/gsi also

Haha yee youkno what i mean :) okies so it would fit but a like uprated cylinder would b more ideal.
Dont suppose you have the sri cylinder aswel then?

autoworksnovasport
05-03-12, 09:55 AM
yeah got complete setup here may be better to do this in wanted or by pm so we dont get told off

PinkyInk
05-03-12, 07:17 PM
yeah got complete setup here may be better to do this in wanted or by pm so we dont get told off

Thats wicked mate jus wanted to ask will PM u now :)

mowgli
05-03-12, 07:27 PM
does this car still have the original drums on the back??? if so, then the rear cylinders are the most likely place to leak if you can't find any pipe leaks.