PDA

View Full Version : Fuel pressure issues

Gareth_C
04-03-12, 07:59 PM
Evening all I'm not sure if this is in the right section but I'm at my wits end with it. What's happened is yesterday the braided oil line came unstuck touched the power side of the starter motor and arc'd against the car body blowing a hole In the oil line starting a small fire, no serious damage was done. But sine then I've noticed the fuel pressure gauge read in excess of 100psi at the FPR. I think the original pressure was around 45-50 ish but I'm not sure. I just can't understand what may have caused this. The pump is a Bosch 044 and the FPR is a syntec one. Any ideas cheers gareth

mowgli
04-03-12, 08:44 PM
i'd guess the gauge took a serious load of current... dead shorting the battery, which you did can kill tons of things.... back in the day, i blew a gte ecu by accidentally shorting the battery... and they cost a lot of money then cos the car was still current.....

Gareth_C
04-03-12, 08:47 PM
I thought that mate and I changed the gauge still the same.

mowgli
04-03-12, 08:50 PM
is the car running ok? if so then don't worry.. those pumps are good for 3 odd bar all day, but not 6 bar.

Gareth_C
04-03-12, 08:54 PM
It seemed a bit lumpier but other than that it was ok. The pump does quieter though

Will F
05-03-12, 08:40 AM
I would get the laptop plugged in ASAP and check the tolerances of everything!

I would run more lumpy if the fuel pressure was more than double what it was before!! lol