PDA

View Full Version : c20xe oil leak

nova_pipi
04-03-12, 04:40 PM
hi all, iv just recently fitted a c20xe into my corsa, i put new oil and all new coolant and such like then got the car started for a couple of seconds, feeling happy i then realised that my car had a massive oil leak from somewhere, i first thought it was the sump but after a closer look it seems to be coming out of the gearbox area where you can see the flywheel through the little cover, iv been told it could possibly be the rear main oil seal? has anyone got any ideas on what seal it could be, all the oil has now leaked out from the engine through this seal if this helps, any thoughts would be great,
thanks
phil

nova_saloon
04-03-12, 04:46 PM
well if it smelss really bad its gearbox oil, if it doesnt smell bad and like normal oil it will mostly likely be your crank oil seal, mine is doing the same thing, i rebuilt my engine all new seals, and was leaking on the clutch, so i then took the engine out and replaced it, still leaked so replaced it a 3rd time!!! takes ages to take out and put in. but mine still leaks. The seals themselves can wear grooves in to the crank which i am afraid mine has done! and it is leaking, unles you have put it on the wrong way, which is unlikely but has been done by people. otherwise if your lucky, it could be leaking from the cam cover gasket or the head gasket down in to the gearbox. as thats a little simpler to fix

pie
04-03-12, 04:49 PM
could be crank seal (gearbox side)

nova_pipi
04-03-12, 05:04 PM
is the rear main seal the same as the crank seal? like behind the clutch and flywheel, hopefully the seal hasn't worn a groove into the crank itself :s

pie
04-03-12, 05:10 PM
crank seal is the one behind the fly wheel buddy

nova_pipi
04-03-12, 05:18 PM
ye i think its that one, cheers dude