PDA

View Full Version : what the f**k happened to my car???

bennybull
22-07-03, 05:18 PM
so...

i pulled up at my house today and soon as the engine stopped running i could smell like a burning smell and steam was comin out the bonnet then i noticeed that it was loosin water ant that ther was a trail of it right down the road so i poped the bonnet and water was evrywhere it was a right mess :? . i unscrewed the lid on the resovoir and the water was pourin right the way through and it just empied itself.i filled it back up and it leaked through the wheel arch linin a little bit but then it stopped. iv drove it since to see if happens again and it didnt loose any water but sounds diffrent and seems to get hot quicker

any1 got any idear what happened cos there were no obvious leaks and im worried about drivin it any where far

cheers ppl!

Snowface
22-07-03, 06:14 PM
does it feel any different to drive? Hoses ok, the head gasket hasn't gone has it?

fleming
22-07-03, 06:43 PM
Either get your hands on some pressure testing equipment, or take it to a garage and get it pressure tested, probably wont charge u alot and its better to be safe than sorry!!

bennybull
22-07-03, 10:47 PM
Sorted it

it was an air blockage and also me coolant was low just refilled it and pumped it through