PDA

View Full Version : unpaid from work........

twistysnovagte
02-03-12, 07:30 PM
can someone in the know how tell me what rights ive got in this situation?

last week i wasnt paid and wwas told id be paid on wednesday(2 days back)which didnt happen,so i asumed id be paid two weeks today which i havent!!!

now i was with my boss today at a job where doing(construction industry/plant op)
and even came home in his jeep as i live about two mile away save the other lads going out there way,and all seemed ok had a laugh about one or two things talked as men do blah blah blah.

only to get home and find fcuk all in my acount,ive phoned phoned and phoned the man but only to get the o2 answer service!!!

anyone who has fact knowledge please reply as i seem to be struggling on the web
all replys much apprieciated

Dan
02-03-12, 09:29 PM
First thing i would of done is check with the other lads if its a personal thing or a general problem. Have any lads jacked, what are the jungle drums saying through the company.

having been in the same trade as yourself for the last 20 years those would of been the first things to do. There are alot of company's going pop lately, i personally know of 5 in the last few months and a couple of them have been big company's that have been around forever.

if you have no money then he has no money (at the moment). if he goes pop which is possible this may help...........

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Employment/Employees/Pay/DG_10026695

There is alot more info out there, i just googled "company bankrupt, no wages". You never know, he may have a huge cheque in the post that will recover things and get things back on track, its just a case he's cut things abit to fine with the way things are of late. But its always better to be prepared for the worst !!!!

Black Horse was one company who recently went around here. They were owed 5.5m but the banks demanded the owner could only stay open if he put in a further 1.6m or so in the 'hope' he got what he was owed. Obviously he didnt. The point of this though is the fact we knew weeks and weeks before it was acknowledged by any who actually worked there. many were 'shocked' by the news with only a few weeks notice.......

twistysnovagte
02-03-12, 10:10 PM
hi dan, ive been with him 12-13 years and never been in this situation,weve had short time work before(3 day week)
id phoned about(the lads) when i got in from work and they hadnt been paid.

work has been very tight at the moment and weve since got a few small works contracts from a different contractor(morgan sindall/turner's, respectively)
ive just had his(the bosses) wife and daughter at my door offering me less than half my wage in cash!,to which i refused.
maybe im a fool maybe im not, as i havent seen a payslip it-self in a month!(even with the last two payments id recieved and according to my contract of employment i should be given one on a friday on a weekly basis!,so breech of contract,should i be made out to be unfair/at fault in any part of this!?).

i also explained that i wont be back at work until im paid in full(what im owed)if im getting dribs and drabs each week then that is covering there ass's surley,but if ive recieved nothing in wages and no payslips(which i havent)then surley i have a leg to stand on should it go as far as a tribunal?
like i say i was promised wednesday that id be paid last weeks wages(which didnt happen)now im being promised that ill be paid next tuesday for this weeks money,i mean im a fair man and give everyone a chance, so if im paid tuesday in full, fair enough(ill obviously lose two days(but ill have stood my ground at the very least!!!
(surely a man cant keep working and not getting paid for it!?

fcuking heads up my ass to be honest(ive acted in this way as i was also put on a promise for work,a little under 400m2 of paving i completed to which ive recieved nothing 4 month on!.........

Jack
02-03-12, 10:10 PM
You could pursue them for breach of contract if your employment terms state a date of pay (which they should).

However, before looking at the legal aspect, Dan's advice is best - chat with your colleagues and go back to the employer again to check the situation.

DAFTJOHN
03-03-12, 07:29 AM
Yeah going legal wont help much it the company is going to close. What sort Of turnover, assets does It have?

Your boss should be communicating here, not his wife and daughter! Personally I'd chat with the guys and see if they're willing to work, otherwise there's not much point if only a few turn up cause the work won't get done. My view would be to help him though, take the money on offer to clear the first two weeks owed and have him tell you when his cash flow is due to come back, what works lined up etc.

Good luck with it

mk1nova_rich
03-03-12, 08:57 AM
I have known a couple of people in similar situations...and there is no guarantee you will get paid what you are owed. How much longer do you work for an employer who is not paying you?

It must be stressful running a company at the best of times never mind when things are up **** creek, but that was your bosses decision to go self employed...so he must take responsibility and try come to some agreement. Sending his wife and daughter round is out of order IMO

I'd hold in there for now and keep talking with the lads so you will all take the same action if anything happens, try and push your boss to shed some light on the financial situation. If you go 4 weeks unpaid I'd be considering legal advice/action

All the best anyway mate :thumb: