PDA

View Full Version : Stitched up twice in two weeks! Not happy

TWAG
29-02-12, 12:32 PM
Ive been trying to get some parts together for this years nova outing.

First thing I bought was a set of ronal turbos, described as great condition with only some minor kerbing. Brand new tyres.

When they arrived they where curbed to f##k, tyres had about 3-4mm tread and two of them bald on the inside edge. Seller would not refund me, that will teach me for buying outside eBay!

Then I was hunting for a complete rear disc beam ready to bolt straight On. So I get offered one from a very well respected seller on Png. Paid £120 which I think is top money. When it arrived I discovered it has no handbrake internals........

I thought I'd contact the seller, who I thought will realise his mistake and try to come to some arrangement. Instead I get the response "you should of made it clear you wanted a handbrake" and that there isn't anything he can do about it.

I cant believe the response! I've now got to try and find a complete rear set of cav/calibra hubs/discs just to get the handbrake internals.

Why can't people just be honest when selling stuff or atleast compensate when they mess up!

Rant over!

Alex J
29-02-12, 12:35 PM
its because people are c**s. im sick of dealing with idiots who waste my time also.

pie
29-02-12, 12:43 PM
welcome to buying on the net buddy

loads of muppets and time waster on every forum you go to and some always try and scam you

ive sold stuff to people and they say its fuked etc, then they have a surprise visit of me as i make a copy of there adress and then i catch the cunts out (funny as fuk)

mk1nova_rich
29-02-12, 12:45 PM
Name and shame

Angus Closier
29-02-12, 01:14 PM
I got messed around on ebay selling a golf, still sat on my drive now. Have been through about 4 second chance offers with them all saying they will take it etc arranging a date and not picking it up :(

~~joycey~~
29-02-12, 01:56 PM
Name and shame! I dont want to accidentally end up buying off either of these pricks thanks!

NOV4_SPORT
29-02-12, 02:01 PM
^^^^^ what he said

Iain
29-02-12, 02:45 PM
A lot to be said for going to pick up items and checking their condition/what's included when you're there. Not always possible though.

Even buying outside of eBay if you paid via Paypal as goods you should be able to open a dispute

mk1nova_rich
29-02-12, 03:19 PM
£120 is definitely top money for a disc beam, I'd be expecting polybushes, ARB and brake internals for that

John
29-02-12, 03:30 PM
Yep if you paid through PayPal and didnt send as a gift you should be able to start a case. Still sucks though dude :(

TWAG
29-02-12, 04:10 PM
I was going to collect the rear beam, but it was a 450 mile round trip. The seller has sold parts on here for years and I've brought a fair parts from him in the past, which is why I was so disappointed with his response.

I didn't want to name and shame as was hoping he would reply to my last email but he's gone quiet on me now.

The annoying thing is that at the same time I bought it there was a couple of others forsake at £60 and £80

This is the response I got

"Not sure what you want me to do?

As I said in my last e-mail, I don't have any other disc brake Vauxhall beams at the moment, so don't have the spare parts for the handbrake.

If you'd made it clear you needed a handbrake when you asked for it then this could have been avoided. Virtually all the cars I deal with these days are race and rally cars, so are modified differently to road cars"

How does this help me?

L33 LEG
29-02-12, 04:14 PM
I always pick up if possible to stop this from happening but obviously at times it makes sense to get it posted.

Got a pretty good idea who you mean (not that hard to find out) and im sure there's plenty of us on here who dont agree with items he sells, but if it is him i am quite shocked at the response! Nothing you can do unfourtanetly other than a lesson to learn, at least it arrived so could of been worse lol

Alex J
29-02-12, 04:21 PM
Name and shame!!!!!

phazer
29-02-12, 04:27 PM
I think it's pretty obvious from the last post who the seller of the beam is ;)

Jack
29-02-12, 04:29 PM
Name and shame! I dont want to accidentally end up buying off either of these pricks thanks!
Thats what the feedback forum is for.

No name and shame required, merely add your experiences to the appropriate thread so that other users can make an informed decision as to whom they trade with.

There's no need for this thread to become a witch hunt (that isn't directed at the OP, merely other people jumping in).

Will F
29-02-12, 10:33 PM
Unbelievable - I guess its the sign of the times, people more desperate for money and will sell anything to get a few ££

Feel for you dude - I cant stand being messed about on here and other forums. I stick to eBay, where at least you have some protection!

brucer
01-03-12, 07:32 AM
i always make sure what i sell people know the exact condition and whats with it etc, it only catches up with you in the end.

hope you sort it out

blue_peg_16v
01-03-12, 07:56 AM
Well if it's who I think am also surprised at the response

mowgli
01-03-12, 08:24 AM
The wheels: If someone says some minor kerbing, then you know what to expect LOTS OF KERBING , the same with the tyres....ask for pics, if they don't send any, then walk away. Simples

the axle.. One simple question would have solved this problem, 'is the handbrake mech. Complete?' but you didn't ask it.

All web purchases are buyer beware. And complaining about it afterwards doesn't really help. Sorry

novarally
01-03-12, 08:30 AM
It was me who sold Craig (Twagtastic) the rear beam.

It's frankly astonishing how only one side of a story gets puts across on Forums like this.

I didn't know that the rear beam had no internals for the handbrake mechanism, as I didn't strip it down before I sold it. I do accept that it had no cable, but then it was from a rally car using a hydraulic handbrake.

I have already said to Craig that I will try my best to locate him the bits he needs, in fact I have offered him some from a Vectra B (although I'm not 100% sure if these are the same).

But he has also completely failed to make mention of the fact that at the same time as selling him the rear beam, I sourced him a set of incredibly rare Irmscher Sprint C 15" alloy wheels. I drove a 70 mile round trip to collect for him, then posted them down to him, all of which made me not a single penny.......in fact I took my costs in time and fuel on the chin for going to get them.

And then I had to chase him for the best part of 2 weeks to get the money for them.

This is not the sort of thing that needs to be debated in public, but I'm not about to sit here and get slagged off when I've gone way above and beyond to help him out.

turbojolt
01-03-12, 08:46 AM
Ibtl

Gaz1300SR
01-03-12, 09:06 AM
I don't want to comment on this particular dispute as it seems there is more to it..... However, I have had my fair share of disappointing transactions on here and on ebay. I hate it when people are dishonest. How hard is it really just to describe and item as it is without missing out any faults it might have. It annoys me also when you get a stupid reply like "you didn't ask!" Also if someone says alloys with light kerbing it should be just that. Why should I expect LOTS OF KERBING? I manage to be honest when I sell so do many other people I have bought from, why should anyone else get away with it? Bullsh*t!

turbojolt
01-03-12, 09:14 AM
A small amount of kerbing or a large amount is all down to personal perception, much like me saying my house is clean and tidy but to a ocd suffer it could be perceived as a tip, there are no real guide lines.

Hobbit
01-03-12, 09:57 AM
Well as both sides have had thier say i shall now close. Before the bandwagon jumpers turn up.

Please remember we have a feedback forum :)