PDA

View Full Version : help needed.

Alex J
29-02-12, 12:28 PM
ok, im after someone local to me to come and do some welding of panels to the nova, 2x quarters, 2 x sills, and rear panel, you will need your own welder, and ill pay a day rate, if i cant find someone, im going to sell the lot! as ive had it with cars and vans at the moment.

swedge
29-02-12, 03:18 PM
pop rivets lol?

John
29-02-12, 03:32 PM
Shame you're miles away dude, and I work full time or else I'd have given you a hand.

Alex J
29-02-12, 03:40 PM
cheers john, its all up forsale now! cant be bothered, people have let me down who were ment to do it, and i cant be bothered! also selling all my valeting gear and van ive just brought, and with the cash im going buy something done, and have another year of work

Old man Jimbo
29-02-12, 04:19 PM
For what you'd pay for someone to weld.....

Get with the times man lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UP9DeuHDbkk

On a serious note this stuff was on the go when I was still working in body shops and it's amazing. We off course were somewhat sceptical but that went out the window when we started to use it. IMHO its stronger the plug welding etc. Using this gear would mean you'd only need a run of weld at the joint of the quarter panel to the sill and roof section but we used to cheat on that aswell :roll: it is easy to put a full quarter etc on without any welding at all with this stuff.

Curtoise
29-02-12, 07:02 PM
haha i would love to see a nova arch pannel stuck on with that!

Sturge
01-03-12, 08:31 AM
We use one of the other adhesives in the range at work for sticking on composite panels. Does the job!

Old man Jimbo
01-03-12, 09:14 AM
haha i would love to see a nova arch pannel stuck on with that!

I don't understand what's funny? This stuff and others like it are the progression of bodyshop technologies and are as good and usually better than welding. More and more car manufacturers are using it.

I've used it alot and it works. Yes repair sections can and do get bonded on. If you joggle the edge its easy to do.