PDA

View Full Version : lost a friend - updated with pics

Anton
22-07-03, 01:25 AM
Wasn't really sure if I should post this or not.

I don't really want non relavent comments like shit happens, and stuff like that.

Tonight at 10pm my mate got a phone call, we were fixing buckets in his car. My mate dave who the call was from, said he had just rolled his car, can we come and help.

On the way to the scene, we saw an ambulance with blue lights coming the other way.

When we got there, the car was a real state. Had rolled through a ditch, 2 hedges, and a fence, and ended up a good 60-90 feet from the road.

The driver, dave was very shaken, had a wound in his back, so my other mate drove him to hospital in his car.

I managed to climb through the ditch and hedges to get the pic below.

The police then turned up and took statements, and we found out he had been overtaking and lost the back end. Witness said he was going too fast.

We then went to hospital, and found out there was someone else in the car. My friend Paul, who I had spoken to for a couple of hours the night before.

We then found out he was dead. He died of severe head induries.

He was only 17, really funny and genuine bloke.

My mate who was driving still hasn't been told he has killed him yet.

I'm still in shock, and it hasn't really sunk in I have lost a good friend.

My mate who was driving had not been driving long, so i guess the moral of the story is take it easy when you first pass your test.

Picture below...

http://www.novaload.net/forums/album_see.php?id=1403

Ant (sorry for unusually long thread)

brian
22-07-03, 01:38 AM
jes m8 don't know what to say. im sittin here in a daze lookin at this. Very sorry to hear.

Anton
22-07-03, 01:40 AM
i know mate, it seems so unreal that he has just gone. In some respect I wish i never went to the scene

brian
22-07-03, 01:42 AM
i would have gone down to see the car too if i was you. nothin wrong with that.

Anton
22-07-03, 01:44 AM
2nd accident in a week. first the nova now this. who's next in my area?! i know from now on i'm gonna drive alot slower.

?Marty?
22-07-03, 02:54 AM
Can't really say anything apart from that you have my deepest sympathy mate.

Neil.
22-07-03, 03:14 AM
sorry to hear it anton, cheers for taking the picture tho, makes it clearer to see what can happen.

Nova-Boy
22-07-03, 08:07 AM
deepest sympathy mate.

hotdogs_r_us
22-07-03, 08:55 AM
Sorry to hear m8.

sympathy goes to u and all his friends and family.

Will F
22-07-03, 10:00 AM
Sorry to hear it mate.

Ste, who's fault etc is the last think on anyone's mind at the moment.
The last thing he needs is you pointing any blame.

There's no call for it.

Nova-Boy
22-07-03, 10:04 AM
Dont have too much sympathy ste! A bit harsh whos fault dont matter at the min and that dead passenger you mention has family and friends who will miss him for years to come.

Be a little more considerate.

Rick Draper
22-07-03, 10:10 AM
Deepest sympathy, I know exactly how you feel as it was a few months back i lost a good mate of mine in a car crash and its fucking hard to come to terms with. Rick

wisewood
22-07-03, 10:40 AM
Sorry to hear that Anton.
Make sure you are there for your mate when he does find out that Paul has died, because it's gonna fcuk his head right up for quite some time.

You have my deepest sympathies mate, and I am sure the rest of novaload will feel the same way.

Jim
22-07-03, 10:48 AM
Thoughts go to his friends and family.

Jim

Anton
22-07-03, 10:48 AM
cheers for the comments everyone. Apprently the road is still closed, so I am gonna go down to the scene later today. Not looking foward to the news paper tonight. Someone said the car has been taken away, so I am unable to get anymore pics at the moment.

Ant

jatinder
22-07-03, 10:56 AM
Really sorry to hear that mate :cry:

Have u told the driver yet?

novax
22-07-03, 11:04 AM
Sorry to hear this Anton, deepest sympathy to you all.

Anton
22-07-03, 11:21 AM
well, just found this on the bbc website...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/essex/2940215.stm

not sure if the url changes so i'll copy and past it....

News in Brief

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Man held after fatal crash

A man has been arrested on suspicion of dangerous driving after he was injured and his passenger killed when his car crash landed into a field near Colchester.

The accident happened just after 2130 BST on Monday night on Straight Road near Boxted.

Police want to hear from man who stopped at the scene but left before traffic officers arrived.

wisewood
22-07-03, 11:27 AM
who stopped at the scene and then scarpered before police arrived? any idea?

Anton
22-07-03, 11:29 AM
think it was my mate that took him to hospital

Nova-Boy
22-07-03, 12:08 PM
So has the driver been arrested? What will he be charged for?? :|

wisewood
22-07-03, 12:10 PM
if he was driving dangerously it could be manslaughter - but now isnt the time to talk about it really is it.

tonydry
22-07-03, 01:23 PM
very sad hope some people take note ov what can happen sad thing is most people think it wont hapen to them.

Tilly
22-07-03, 01:28 PM
Deepest sympathy to all.

Makes u wake up and smell the coffee when u see stuff like that

what car is it?

wisewood
22-07-03, 01:31 PM
isnt it the green corsa gsi lookalike that was in the background of a pic of anton that he uploaded?

dave.gsi
22-07-03, 03:16 PM
mk3 fiesta

Nova-Boy
22-07-03, 03:17 PM
Fiesta for me too.

Ste_Nova
22-07-03, 03:48 PM
well, just found this on the bbc website...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/essex/2940215.stm

not sure if the url changes so i'll copy and past it....

News in Brief

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A man has been arrested on suspicion of dangerous driving after he was injured and his passenger killed when his car crash landed into a field near Colchester.

The accident happened just after 2130 BST on Monday night on Straight Road near Boxted.

Police want to hear from man who stopped at the scene but left before traffic officers arrived.

looks like you need to go and smack your 'mate' for driving like a prick, if he gets locked up it's another dangerous driver off the road.... also the witnesses who said he was driving too fast did u speak to them? also above i read it is a straight road? also any more pics?

Nova-Boy
22-07-03, 04:14 PM
fcuk me ste i take it you have never lost anyone close then eh? Or do you just not have feelings like others??

How can you say he was driving like a pr*k? Did you know him? Was there oil on the road? Was the car loaded or just one passenger? And when they say too fast it could have been doing 70 in a 60 zone wich you have to admit people do.

locky
22-07-03, 05:01 PM
Iv just had a cold shivver up my back!
Im sorry 2 hear that Anton!
If ya need som1 2 talk 2 add me 2 ur msn, im always willin 2 chat!

Ste_Nova
22-07-03, 05:03 PM
fcuk me ste i take it you have never lost anyone close then eh? Or do you just not have feelings like others??

3 years ago one of my best mates hit a bus head on at night.... his belt would have saved him.... i was first on the scene as i heard the smash from the house i was at.... he was out of the windscreen and half onto the bonnet, i checked his pulse then attended to the injured peeps in the bus

Anton
22-07-03, 11:19 PM
went back to the scene today

took some more pics, but can't upload them yet as my batteries have run out.

laid some flowers in the day. went to the scene and found some of my dead mates possesions

went back tonight, there was about 40+ cars and 70ish people all where the crash happened and about 25ish bunches of flowers.

but... found out it was the one that died who was driving. The passenger, who's car it was survived, so he will not be done for dangerous drving.

will upload pics in the morning.

ant

jim sri
22-07-03, 11:39 PM
anton-sad news mate, i didnt personally know the guy, although some people at work knew him.

ste-the road is bout 2 miles frm me, bout 3-5 miles long,dead straight, quite bumpy/some potholes. all i can think is maybe he clipped something whilst overtaking or some other freak occurance

Anton
22-07-03, 11:40 PM
it looks like he cut in 2 far, clipped the grass verge and rolled it

privatepie
22-07-03, 11:44 PM
deepest sympathy 2 every 1 that new him
but u have got 2 admit we all drive like idiots sumtimes and it only takes 1 little thing do do sumink like that
martin

HEVY-nova
23-07-03, 12:18 AM
mate i know how u feel. on thursday a mate from my old school died driving home on his own. he wasnt pissed or anything and he just stacked and died. it shows how easily these things happen.

all my sympathies man

Ben (lurk75)
23-07-03, 12:24 AM
Its a horrible situation to face.

Most people have been there, just got to learn your own way to cope with it.

My personal way is to blank any emotions (but thats how i deal with anyhting a bit tricky)

Mel
23-07-03, 01:04 AM
sorry to hear that anton..

deepest sympathy with you, mates and his family :cry:

finlay
23-07-03, 01:05 AM
deepest sympathy anton an his family an friends.

finlay.

Evolution
23-07-03, 05:17 AM
You read every day about a "fatal crash" in the papers, a tiny little section tucked away in a corner.
Its not until you see pictures and a true story from friends or family that you realise how serious it is.

I too would have gone to the scene, if you handnt gone at all you would be sitting now thinking "what if i had gone, i might of been able to have helped" and you wouldnt want that on your conscience.

It takes a while for it to really sink in, ive experienced it 3 times myself and it doesnt get any easier.
If you ever need to talk, get things off your chest, youve had offers from people to talk on msn. you have my offer of that too now.

take it easy lad.

SaraGSi
23-07-03, 09:01 AM
My thoughts go out to u Anton and the people involved in this :(

Ste_Nova
23-07-03, 10:05 AM

but... found out it was the one that died who was driving. The passenger, who's car it was survived, so he will not be done for dangerous drving.

was the driver insured?

what car did he drive normaly?

Anton
23-07-03, 10:12 AM
right heres some pics from yesterday.. 5 in total so let them load.

This is where it happened. The bush and trees he demolished, and also the fence behind
http://www.novaload.net/forums/album_see.php?id=1411

This is what it looked like from behind the bush. The car came to rest about 15 feet past the fence.
http://www.novaload.net/forums/album_see.php?id=1413

This is looking at the bush from the other way...
http://www.novaload.net/forums/album_see.php?id=1414

These are some of the possesions that fell out of the car- his spare wheel, parcel shelf, drink (girl holding), fags, and clothing
http://www.novaload.net/forums/album_see.php?id=1415

These are some of the flowers that we laid. There are about another 30+ there now.
http://www.novaload.net/forums/album_see.php?id=1412

Ant

wisewood
23-07-03, 10:29 AM
fcuking hell mate !!!

reminds me of a corner on the road between manchester and sheffield that i drive all the time - there is a woodenbox with glass front and in it is a photo of a man who was cycling over there and was hit by a car that took the corner too quick, lost control and went through a wall. THere are laods of flowers there all the time.

It's just horrible mate.

Anton
23-07-03, 10:58 AM
worst bit was finding stuff that belonged to them in the field

Barn
23-07-03, 11:38 AM
deepest sympathy 2u + all involved mate

Sid
23-07-03, 01:38 PM
:(

Ste_Nova
23-07-03, 04:36 PM
humm.... i see skid marks on road upon exit
http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/psc/imageup/1058974218__crash22.jpg
which means the car was on it's wheels when it hit the hedge... there is a ditch behind the hedge, this is whats flipped the car over.. couldn't have been going that fast or it would have cleared it and landed on it's wheels in the field....

i still think the enquiry will show that belts were not being worn

for reference here are my 70mph ditch-field-tree-ditch pics
http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/psc/imageup/1058974547__crash3.jpghttp://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/psc/imageup/1058974669__crash7.jpg

and the gsi i was in the front of, i had belt on, girls in the back didn't and exited through the rear window

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/psc/imageup/1058974777__gsicrash1.jpg

Chris LR
23-07-03, 08:33 PM
It only makes me more convinced that the Driving test should get harder, or involve motorway/high speeed driving as a compulsary item....

It's sad that accidents happen, and that people are die young, but it's a lesson to us all, live life while you can.......becasue you never know.........

dave.gsi
23-07-03, 09:12 PM
or a more sensible lesson.......don't drive like a dick

brian
24-07-03, 12:45 AM
its a problem thats always around. young/new drivers thinking they are indistructable on the road. been there ill admit but copped on like most other people do too.
its not what anton needs to hearing though as it doesn't matter to him or the family of his dead m8. what does matter is Antons m8 is gone and its cruel for him and the family

Ste_Nova
24-07-03, 09:39 AM
don't drive like a dick

esp in a car you have borrowed from ur mate!!

dave.gsi
24-07-03, 09:43 AM
lol, very true

Anton
24-07-03, 10:50 AM
lol, very true

pointless post

Ste_Nova
24-07-03, 12:01 PM
pointless thread

Nova-Boy
24-07-03, 12:08 PM
I dont see why you have to be so negative so much ste. Why bother posting that? If he was speeding a little like many of us do to overtake something then it doesn't mean he was driving like a Pr*k, wether it was his car or not.

as you siad before

couldn't have been going that fast or it would have cleared it and landed on it's wheels in the field....

Now that post had some point.

linzTDI
24-07-03, 12:51 PM
well said

Anton
24-07-03, 12:58 PM
if its a pointless thread ste, why have you bothered replying to it so much?

Cara
24-07-03, 01:01 PM
Gawd just read this post. Sympathy 2 all involved.

stop ye bitchin

linzTDI
24-07-03, 01:02 PM
ignore him Ant hes a heartless bastard

Ste_Nova
24-07-03, 03:33 PM
if its a pointless thread ste, why have you bothered replying to it so much?

cause i feel the need to make an input where needed

Anton
24-07-03, 03:33 PM
so it aint pointless then

Ste_Nova
24-07-03, 03:35 PM

he was driving too fast (flat out, it was only a fiesta LX)
it wasn't his car
i expect he wasn't insured
i suspect he wasn't wearing his belt

linzTDI
24-07-03, 03:36 PM
i think you should keep your suspects to your self

Ste_Nova
24-07-03, 03:39 PM
i think you should keep your suspects to your self

i'm sure the police report and the bit in the local rag will confirm what i think

?Marty?
24-07-03, 03:46 PM

it wasn't his car
i expect he wasn't insured
i suspect he wasn't wearing his belt

Maybe so, but he has paid the price, and it doesn't help his friends and family to grieve.

Nova-Boy
24-07-03, 04:14 PM

How do we know what speed he was doing? Flat out could be 100 and he only has to be doing 61 to be speeding.

no-one apart from who was there at the time knows what really happened. Who was driving, how fast, how they lost control? all this can only be assumed from the evidence at the scene. The actual facts wont be known, so lets not jump to any conclusions about if he was/was not doubling the speed limit or wearing a seat belt. I life has been lost whatever happened.Anyhow.

Shall we just leave the dispute about facts and leave this thread with comments about feelings (hopefully comforting ones)

Ste_Nova
24-07-03, 04:31 PM
News in Brief

humm... good mates huh??? i wonder if he was driving? only the peeps in the car will know... when you have a death by dangerrous driving charge brought against you it's allways easier to blame the dead person :roll:

Anton
24-07-03, 04:33 PM
only he will ever know

darren
24-07-03, 04:44 PM
Sadd News

Cant belive the bitching

Give urselfs a shake

Time and Place............

Chris LR
24-07-03, 08:50 PM
but it's a lesson to us all, live life while you can

Sorry guys, but I am the only person who finds this a bit strange?

We've seen what can, and will eventually happen to us at some point in ours lives, but instead of living your lives to their fullest you'd rather bitch at each other?

Is that the most pointless thing of all?

dangermousegsi
24-07-03, 08:54 PM
So sorry my thoughts go out to u an his family hope ur all holdin up ok

dont let ppl destroy his memory, as u said he was a genuine honest mate an a genuine honest mate he will always stay

may he rest in peace