PDA

View Full Version : Selling a car

sport
28-02-12, 09:31 PM
Right wheres the best place to advertise a car for sale tried gumtree, full of time wasters.

Is Auto trader any good now?

Any suggestions welcome.

Acerliam
28-02-12, 09:33 PM
You tried pistonheads , but you have to pay now mate

novasrikev
28-02-12, 10:12 PM
tryed your local free ads?

Novasport
28-02-12, 10:19 PM
Pistonheads or carandclassic.co.uk

marc69
28-02-12, 10:22 PM
scot ads is what everyone uses up here or ebay, i've sold and bought cars throigh ebay and it's been on the whole, ok

L33 LEG
28-02-12, 11:43 PM
I've always sold my cars through pistonheads with no problems at all.

DAFTJOHN
29-02-12, 12:48 PM
I sold on eBay and girlfriend sold on gumtree but it's a buyers market so guess if it's priced right it'll go regardless of where it's listed.....and that for me meant getting less than I wanted :(

sport
29-02-12, 09:06 PM
scot ads is what everyone uses up here or ebay, i've sold and bought cars throigh ebay and it's been on the whole, ok

Will give scot ads a try, my mate said to try ebay.

I sold on eBay and girlfriend sold on gumtree but it's a buyers market so guess if it's priced right it'll go regardless of where it's listed.....and that for me meant getting less than I wanted :(

Already taking a fair drop on what i wanted :cry:

Pistonheads or carandclassic.co.uk

Will try these if others dont work.

Cheers everybody for there input.

nevidred
29-02-12, 09:26 PM
ebay clasified adds works well for me i dont think the time wasters understand them its about £12 for 30 days fixed price with no final value fees

Ben
29-02-12, 09:38 PM
eBay buy it now with best offers is a good way, can auto reject bids under certain amount so gets rid of the dreamers.

sport
01-03-12, 05:16 PM
eBay buy it now with best offers is a good way, can auto reject bids under certain amount so gets rid of the dreamers.

This sounds like the way to go with ebay, will give it a go over the weekend.