PDA

View Full Version : The best night club youve ever been too and why?

ade
22-07-03, 12:54 AM
Simple really - tell us about the best night club youve been to - the most memorable song you heard and why?

Mine - 1990 to 1992 (Uni) - the Blue Monkey - Sunderland. This place was a converted theatre on several levels. You could go upstairs in the velvet nooky seats and overlook the dancefloor on 2 levels - the rear wall was mirrored with a cool DJ area - MASSIVE sound system and lots of lights. the back areas had food, chill out and a wine bar.

Best Thursday night I ever had - ever!

Top tunes at the time that remind me of it were the KLF's "What time is love", "Last Train to Trancentral", "3am eternal" (as the lights beamed up and down and pulsed to the beat) and Oceanics "Take me to Insanity" - 12" club mix with the build up in the middle. Also a little know band called thr Prodigy and "Charlie" - Followed by numerous pints of Blastaway (Castaway and Diamond White cider :o ) and a kebab!

Twas the place I started seeing my 1st long term gf (3 yrs just under) and it all came crashing down when some mop headed tit from a rival club from Middlesbrough (I think) set fire to the place gutting it completely - rumour was the Management wouldnt allow it to be bought over by a rival club - so the rival smashed it up - tied the clubs management to the railings on the dance floor and torched the place!

Dunno if its true or not.
Always wanted to go back and steal the neon sign over the door - never got the cahnce coz someone else did it before hand!

:roll:

Them were the dayz...

brian
22-07-03, 01:46 AM
been in lots of cool ones over the years but last November i was in the after rally fuction of Rally Great Britain in "Creation" in Cardiff. i thought the club was unreal plus i met all top drivers and have pics with Tommi Mak, Gronholm, Jimmy Mcrae the list goes on and i can't remember one song from the night as i was on cloud 9!

Evolution
22-07-03, 03:12 AM
Im not much of a club man myself. I tend to just get drunk in a pub and then go out in the streets and see what happens. i ended up swimming in the sea fully clothed last week.
and also talk to random cars sitting at the prom, ones with females in of course :wink:

onephatnova
22-07-03, 08:27 AM
Ministry of Sound, London
Sankey Soup, Manchester
Hollywood, Milan

Freak
22-07-03, 02:25 PM
Home- london every thursday
Turnmills in london- every saturday

used to live there ya see.....;)

since then...erm, any night im playing. :roll: :x :evil: :!:

wisewood
22-07-03, 02:38 PM
Not that keen on clubs - not my sorta thing really but BCM in magaluf wasnt bad... not bad at all.

Stuart
22-07-03, 05:40 PM
bubblegum @ republic was possibly my most surreal nite (watching topgun and listining to hooj tunes)

erm i have a feeling that if i was in a club and heard the DJ say "ram it" and "bo constricta" id be in the rite place to have some rather good tunes selected ;)

Cheese
22-07-03, 06:57 PM
Freak,
Has Home opened up again? Been a couple of times, but last i heard it was shut down because of "drug problems".
Would love to go again, GREAT place :D

epo
22-07-03, 07:45 PM
my 2 most memerable night have 2 be club 2000 in scunny where i pulled my missus who later became my wife :D

me 2nd has 2 be me mates birthday in la's in hull they had darude sandstorm on all the time was pissed as a fart came out the club at 4am only 2 discover we'd missed this bus back it'd left at 2am cost us 30 notes for a taxi home didnt get home till 5am was up at work at 7 on a sunday worked till 6pm very hung over and tired but it was a top night and was back out on sunday night :lol:

BC
23-07-03, 10:34 AM
Not that keen on clubs - not my sorta thing really but BCM in magaluf wasnt bad... not bad at all.

went there last year it was well good but i liked millenium better the one under BCM

wisewood
23-07-03, 10:46 AM
never went in millenium.
the bloke handing the fliers out for millenium wasnt as nice as the guy for bcm. BCM bloke was a right laugh.

Walked past one night and said - you're lookin a bit rough whats up - he said he was drinkin after work the night (morningg) before and he had over slept for work - didnt start work till 10pm :lol:

Tilly
23-07-03, 01:26 PM
im always pissed by the time i get in to them so all the same

Ben (lurk75)
23-07-03, 04:04 PM
Had a good night in the Syndicate in blackpool, was brand new at the time so might be down hill since..

One of the best night ever was On Had Riin Beach on Ko- Pang ang in thailand for the infamous Full moon party.

Mr_Moo
23-07-03, 06:39 PM
Sundissential HQ in Birmingham @ The Sanctuary (Digbeth)

&

Sundissential North in Leeds @ Evolution Night club (Cardigan Fields)

Go there..... then you tell me why i like it so much :D