PDA

View Full Version : Nova model update - mould!

ade
21-07-03, 11:29 PM
Well I finally stopped messing about with the clay master and sank it into the start of what will be a 3 part mould.

Parts 1 and 2 will form the shell (joined down the middle but you wont see it) and part 3 being the underside which will have minor detail...

I plan to make the wheels and have them so they rotate so the car can be pushed along (backwards and forwards at the moment). Will do a remote controlled one later but thats a bit further down the line...

Once the basic cast has been made, the resultant copy will be the main master I will cast from. this will be cleaned up before hand as the clay is now too brittle and marks easily. Once I cast it I can add more detail and get crisp lines - something clay wont let you do.

I can then make a proper copy (several in fact) and then start to make the customer bumpers, side skirts, spoilers etc etc etc.

Shoule have the 1st copy ready by the weekend - I cant do much more now coz I've run out of plaster to make to mould :roll:

getting more tomorrow

http://www.novaload.net/forums/album_see.php?id=1395
Heres the car before it went in

http://www.novaload.net/forums/album_see.php?id=1394
Heres the car in - mould part 1

http://www.novaload.net/forums/album_see.php?id=1396
Heres it from another angle

http://www.novaload.net/forums/album_see.php?id=1399
Heres the former that goes over the top - this forms a cavern area between the mould and the plaster

http://www.novaload.net/forums/album_see.php?id=1398
Heres the plaster - the pipe shapes is where the silicone rubber will be poured (the small one is where the air will escape)

If anyone wants me to add them to the list let me know - prices will start from about ?60 - remember these are custom hand made models about 1:18 scale (a bit bigger than your average metal die cast car). External details only at the moment - but an exact (or as near as possible) replica to your car in every way down to the wheels.

They will come mounted and boxed with a certificate or authenticity.

Remember - these are one offs - totally original models of YOUR car (or someone elses if you like theirs better!)

:D

Ade

mikeoxford
21-07-03, 11:33 PM
:o thats come a remarkably long way

WELL DONE ADE :D

mike

Gazza14SR
21-07-03, 11:42 PM
They are absolutely mint. Looks like you need alot of time, talent and patience for something like that.

Nice one

Tilly
21-07-03, 11:49 PM
They look fantastic

i really want one now

Paul
21-07-03, 11:50 PM
looking good mate. be interesting to see the final versions...

Tazzy
21-07-03, 11:51 PM
that looks the mutts nutts!

quality!

Neil.
21-07-03, 11:58 PM
they look brill, ill have one ade, after my little project is finished :lol:

burgo
22-07-03, 12:02 AM
errrr how modified can they b exactly

jatinder
22-07-03, 12:02 AM
looks great mate good job 8) , i want one just let us know when ur ready

ade
22-07-03, 12:08 AM
Burgo - they can be as modified as much as you want - obviously the shell will on the whole remain the same but you can delock it/dehandle it, smooth the boot, change the colour, add customer side skirts, bumpers, head lights, grills, wheels, spoilers, wide arch kits - basically everything you would do on your car but in miniture.

I've been looking about and aint seen a mini custom kit car so am in the process of copyrighting the idea - will be looking to expand range in the future - remote controlled cars etc...

No reason why before you change your car you contact me and ask for a specific bumper in a certain colour) - I make one up (for a nominal fee) - spray it in the desired colour and you fix it to your car - interchangeable parts - that way you can see the look before you fork out the big cash!

Tazzy
22-07-03, 12:58 AM
ill have one! lol, actually, make it two!

mikeoxford
22-07-03, 12:58 AM
No reason why before you change your car you contact me and ask for a specific bumper in a certain colour) - I make one up (for a nominal fee) - spray it in the desired colour and you fix it to your car - interchangeable parts - that way you can see the look before you fork out the big cash!

ooooooooooooooooo

hes getting clever and cocky now :twisted:

ade
22-07-03, 01:03 AM
aye

:wink:

:lol:

brian
22-07-03, 01:15 AM
they really are unreal ade. i was excited the first day you mentioned this way back but this is amazing.

Anton
22-07-03, 01:27 AM
look good mate

?Marty?
22-07-03, 03:03 AM
That's FANTASTIC!

burgo
22-07-03, 07:14 AM
fck if the basic shell stays the same im gonna have to buy two :(

wisewood
22-07-03, 12:00 PM
Ade i'll be wanting two.

different cars - the missus' nova and i want one doing of what i want my next nova to look like - will have to give yuo the specs for that one, nice and simple though dont worry lol.

dave.gsi
22-07-03, 01:13 PM
will you be spraying them personally? what if someone has a flip painted nova and they want the model done in the same paint. surely no one will sell you such expensive paint in such a small quantity. obviously for standard colours you can go to halfords and buy a few cans of red etc but like mine, they don't do silk violet in a can.?

Freak
22-07-03, 02:19 PM
I should be one of the first on the lust from the original post ages back?

I want one-dont need it sprayed etc- i can do all that- have loads of left over paint still.

?Marty?
22-07-03, 03:54 PM
will you be spraying them personally? what if someone has a flip painted nova and they want the model done in the same paint. surely no one will sell you such expensive paint in such a small quantity. obviously for standard colours you can go to halfords and buy a few cans of red etc but like mine, they don't do silk violet in a can.?

You can have it in grey. Then dim the lights and squint.

wrigleys
22-07-03, 04:28 PM
It look brilliant!
how much are they going to be sold for??
I'll have one

so I take it you've thought about making it radio controlled, see if you can put a nitro engine in there and tune it up,
how are you gonna go about fixxing bumpers, lights etc to it?

wisewood
22-07-03, 04:37 PM
almost everything you just asked has been answered already in this post!

ade
22-07-03, 04:38 PM
the models will come complete - bumpers etc attached.

There are ways of attaching them using various fixing methods - allows you to interchange parts.

As for flip/pearl etc granted - there will be some limitations - thing is on small scale you wont notice it that much anyway. You can get small qualtities of flip paint - is just a basic base coat and seveal different lacquers anyway - possibly not that small but then like I say, on that scale whats the point...

Silk violet and all standard vauxhall colours can be obtained from vauxhall direct so theres no prob about the "official" colours. As with the other paint types, all car manufacturers/dealers with body shops will have touch up cans.

Its only the flips and pearls that are complicated - there will have to be one or two compromises unfortunately

As much as I'd like to think I was aperfectionist - no ones perect

:roll:

wisewood
22-07-03, 04:48 PM
perfectionist fails to spell perfect correctly SHOCKER!! :lol:

novax
22-07-03, 09:55 PM
Oh yes, I was impressed before, now I'm really impressed. I'll have one of these as "X" will be a life-long project :D

burgo
22-07-03, 10:04 PM
ne1 kno if ne1 makes an ickle model some1 like corgi or somefign like that as i dont wanna pay ?120 for two of ade's models just to cut em up

Gazza14SR
22-07-03, 11:06 PM
theres always toy novas going for afew pounds on ebay made by corgi.

burgo
23-07-03, 12:18 AM
ill have to keep alook out then

Ben (lurk75)
23-07-03, 12:38 AM
Youll have to be quick to get them on Ebay as i buy them all :twisted:

I have every die cast one made now, also have them all sealed in packaging.

When i have everyone ever produced i will sell some for serious amounts of money :!:

?Marty?
23-07-03, 12:57 AM
Sounds like a plan :twisted:

Though it'd be better if it was a different make/model. Nova enthusiasts are hardly likely to be packin chips.

burgo
23-07-03, 07:20 AM
oh come on ben i only want two

ade
23-07-03, 10:43 AM
lol

The ebay die cast ones are only 1:57 and 1:43 scale - which makes them at most 7cm long and about 4cm high

Mine will be 1:18 scale (slightly bigger) - making it approx 22cm long!

Bigger means more detail.

Like the man said - these things go like hot cakes on ebay - I bought a couple the other month - BP visco one for ?10 and a proper vauxhall one for ?25 - rare buggers - all boxed.

Mine will be 100% original to your car - making it priceless

:D 8) :D

Ben (lurk75)
23-07-03, 10:50 AM
I bought two BP viscos ones last week one for ?5 and one for ?4, these are the least rare, although i know have them with all the options eg: 5 spokes etc.

My best buy is a unopened Guisval one wich is yellow i think i paid about ?20 for that one.

I bought the original GM one at Billing for ?10 of a Vaux main dealer :lol:
Wish i had bought a load now :roll:

Anton
23-07-03, 10:59 AM
I have gamma ones, corgi ones, one very rare blue sr in an unopened packet :D

Freak
23-07-03, 01:26 PM
i bought a bp one.

Stripped it
and sprayed it breeze blue like my nova with clear rear clusters

used to sit on my dash before i sold it.