PDA

View Full Version : Fuel pump relay problems

Super-Nova
27-02-12, 02:44 PM
S'up! Yeah what ive done is put a C14SE head on my carb 1.4 nova (trying to convert it to a SRi) So ive fitted the head, ecu, crank sensor+pully and got fuel pump off a tigra. I have got a good spark but still she wont fire? I know the fuel pressure regulator works, and the fuel pump works (i bypassed the replay) and im pretty sure the problems is with the injectors? I tested them with a voltmeter whilst cranking and got +12v on the red/blue wire going to the injector and about 0 to +0.9v on the red/brown wire going to the same injector, AND to be certain they wernt working i pulled them out the manifold (still connected to the fuel rail etc) and nothing! and the relay isnt clicking? I only have 6v across pins 86 (black wire) and 85 (red/brown wire. does have any relation with the injectors?) when ignition on, on about 3v whilst cranking, im gessing this isnt enough to switch it. I have 12v (red wire) on pin 30 and 0v on pin 87 (red/blue wire) which is a given if it isnt switching. :( Sorry for the writing loads! Been trying to get her running for ages :( And also, my switched live is connected to where the old coil use to be (black wire) and i have sprayed easy start in the inlet and she fires for a second, so it has to be with the injectors/relay where the problem is. Any help would be much appreciated!

Curtoise
29-02-12, 10:40 PM
have you tried another relay? i had a similar problem on my e16se when trying to get it running. the relay has to tell the ecu its on if that makes sense, so you cant just put a live to the pump for it to start.... because the ecu thinks its not fueling. can you hear the pump priming for 2 seconds when u flick the ign on? also on the blue/red wire coming out of the relay when u flick the ign on it should go live for 2 secs to prime the pump. i used a test light for mine as i was on my own.

Super-Nova
10-03-12, 07:15 PM
Hey man! Sorry i havent replied intill now, i havent had internet for about 2 weeks :( Yeah ive tryed another relay! still nothing! And ive tested the one ive got by connecting it straight up to the battery and i can hear it clicking, so i know it works! And yeah i get you, but the thing is i think its not having enough voltage to switch the relay to make the pump come on, so no i dont think it does prime for 2 seconds! Im trying to think what i could have done wrong......the only thing i can think of is have i done something wrong with flashing the fault codes? I earthed that. and one of the wires is for the ecu light? when i connect the bulb to that and igniton on and cranking the light doesnt come on? I know this probz has nothing to do with it but thats all i can think of that im not sure about! Cheers for the help.