PDA

View Full Version : problems fittiy distributer to kent cam

mr b
26-02-12, 07:18 PM
just fitting a mild kent cam into a 1.4 spi cant get the dist to fully locate in the end of the cam as theres a ball bearing in the end how do i get over this cheers

mowgli
26-02-12, 07:30 PM
is it in the right place? if so, then resort to a drill or a dremel

mr b
26-02-12, 07:49 PM
all lines up, just the ball stops the dizzy going all the way in dont think the ball will tap in any further could grind some of the centre of the dizzy. Do you think the cam was for a coil pack?

mowgli
26-02-12, 08:02 PM
probably, but if it won't knock in, don't take any off the dizzy drive, its hardly strong to begin with. its best to get the ball out

mr b
26-02-12, 08:08 PM
how would you get it out?

garyc
26-02-12, 09:05 PM
I always thought the ball bearing was in the centre of the cam and there is no dizzy drive from the centre. Post a pic up of the end of the cam.

couldnt you just grind the pin back so it sits in properly?

mr b
26-02-12, 09:20 PM
yes the dizzy is driven by an ofset hole and that fits ok, its the fact that the ball in the centre of the cam stops the centre shaft of the dizzy going in fully. The only way i can see is to remove the ball, if that can be done, or shorten the centre shaft of the dizzy

GRUNT 16V
27-02-12, 12:45 PM
Im sure i had this prob in my GTE all i done was to grind the pin on the dizzy down ( bosch dizzy red cap)
hope this helps

swedge
27-02-12, 12:53 PM
Can't you get an engineers to drill into the ball then using a long bar with an easy out or something to pull it out

garyc
27-02-12, 01:00 PM
I thought the ball bearing was a plug for the oil way, removing it is likely to be problematic....?

GRUNT 16V
27-02-12, 01:29 PM
what garyc says !!!!!!!

mr b
27-02-12, 10:48 PM
All sorted the cam must of been used with a coil pack. When the cam is new you have an option to fit the ball if using a coil pack to block the oil way. If using a dizzy the o ring on the dizzy shaft blocks the oil. There is no way to get the ball out once fitted the only option is grind the dizzy shaft until it fits and thats what ive done. ALL GOOD