PDA

View Full Version : Glastonbury Festival

Yorkie
26-02-12, 06:32 PM
Hey! Iv never been to a festival before but me and some friends are thinking of being adventurous and going to glastonbury festival in 2013! and i would really appriciate some information on the subject.

Would love to know how much tickets are usually, what time of the year is it usually, any advice, do's and dont's, and any festival storys and experinces you guys might like to share.

Thankyou :D

Jack
26-02-12, 06:33 PM
Pilton :p

Traffic is a nightmare lol

Angus Closier
26-02-12, 06:40 PM
Do you like festivals?
As far as I'm concerned its one of the most friendly festivals there is, much more family and newbie friendly than reading etc.

The mix of music is really good also, There is something for everyone!

It seemed to cost me lots the first time, after that I grew wise to the outrageous prices but that is much similar to any other event.

Well worth it I will be going again this year if possible.

EDIT: My ticket was around 250 odd quid. I spent double that there the first time.

Depending on how many festivals you go to (you might know this stuff)

Take as much food as you can and take as much drink as you can. Don't touch the dodgy drugs!!

Yorkie
26-02-12, 06:56 PM
250 POUND????????????????????????? iv just choked! lol well only live once and will probs only go the once. Cool thanks for the tips. Also when you have your tent and you go for a wonder, is it hard to find your tent again? also do people nick your pegs or toilet role your tent or any other pranks?

Lewis.
26-02-12, 07:00 PM
avoid the food there, unless you're desparate, as the trots at a festival is not fun. take things that are already can be eaten cold, like tins of ravioli, stew, bean & sausages etc, then when you cba to warm it up it doesn't matter. also loads of bread, and stuff. not sure about glastonbury, but at download you're only allowed solid fuel cooking devices, like hexi stoves, so not meths burners, gas stoves etc

take gallons of water, as £2-3 a bottle is not funny

make sure you can carry everything you intend to take in 1 go, as you don't want to make more than one trip between car and campsite if you can help it. cheap sack barrows are handy, for boxes of beer, food, tent etc.

I know you will say "but i'm a lady! of course i'll change" but trust me, despite your best intentions, you WILL come home in the same clothes that you left in, so take maybe 1 change of clothes, but loads of socks, as that's all you'll change lol saves carrying loads of unneccasarry things.

also, make sure you go with a decent group of fun mates, i've been with some boring f*ckers before, and it ruins the whole festival lol

sure there's more lol

250 POUND????????????????????????? iv just choked! lol well only live once and will probs only go the once. Cool thanks for the tips. Also when you have your tent and you go for a wonder, is it hard to find your tent again? also do people nick your pegs or toilet role your tent or any other pranks?

and it always goes up by £20ish every year too. you'll probably spend a couple hundred there too.

yes it can be a nightmare finding your tent, especially in the dark, so make sure you pitch it somewhere distinctive if you can, look at other peoples flags, gazebos, of the flood lights to get an idea of where you are pitched.

i've never had any stuff done like that, as most people are fairly okay towards other people, if aything does happen it'll be by someone in your group.

mowgli
26-02-12, 07:01 PM
put your kitchen radio at the bottom of the garden.... knock it out of tune slightly, stick a barbie doll on it...then roll round in some mud, eat really bad food, don't wash for 3 days & get someone to piss on the ground right next to you... if you still are enjoying yourself, buy some festival tickets.

Lewis.
26-02-12, 07:05 PM
oh and top tip: put all your valuables in the bottom of your sleeping bag at night, take everything with you when you go wandering

Yorkie
26-02-12, 07:14 PM
These comments have made me chuckle, cool so would be wise to take a pad lock to pad lock tent shut! Prepare for the worst and pack lots of dairylea lunchables! ok.... looks like im gonna pay alot to get smelly then. What sort of things do people end up buying when at festivals?

Lewis.
26-02-12, 07:19 PM
yeah pretty much, i'd not padlock a tent shut though when in it, have you seen how quick a tent burns :eek:

prepare for the worst, and you'll enjoy it. oh, and keep a good hld of your cash, lots of people go specifically to rob folk. plenty of pickpockets about.

and generally just wasted on crap, everythings stupidly expensive lol

Southie
26-02-12, 07:20 PM
Have a read through this for some tips ;)

http://www.glastonburylineup.co.uk/php/toptips.php

Yorkie
26-02-12, 07:27 PM
Pahahahhahah!!! She wee's!!! its Sarah millican flashbacks :D ... thats a good site, i was looking on that and diddnt find this page, thankyou :)

mowgli
26-02-12, 07:28 PM
take
1. wet wipes
2. deodorant
3. a really good torch (possibly solar or windup)
4. a rucksack big enough to cope with toilet rolls
5. a cheap phone & a cheap camera, so you won't be too upset if they disappear
6. a decent amount of cash
7. make sure you have a decent way of stashing your real valuables... car keys, credit cards etc.... like a locked box hidden under your car, so if the worst happens, you can get home...
8. also try to do everything you want to do... but if you go in a large group, egos always start messing things up.....

Yorkie
26-02-12, 07:38 PM
Im going with a really close friend and hopefully an old friend of mine too and they are loverly girls so dont think we will let our ego's get the better off us.

Thanks again guys!

Angus Closier
26-02-12, 08:09 PM
The first year i went i had my whole tent stolen, i did later find it with some rather interesting people in it. Luckly my stuff was in a mates tent as mine was too small. To me £250 for the ticket is cheap considering i saw so many acts. Most people would pay £50 to see one live act, so you can easily get your moneys worth. If you do decide that tinned food is too boring or too much like hard work find the best looking food stall you can im fairly.sure there are some official glasto ones, this will stop any upsets.

When it comes to eating/showering/wasing and going to the loo leave this till 4 in the morning and most of the.time you have it to yourself. I found that there wasn't many acts i wanted to see till afternoon so my shower routine worked for.me.

Most of all have fun!

Hobbit
26-02-12, 08:14 PM
Baby wipes!! that is all...

lol

Just take a cheap tent and leave it there, infact dont take anything you dont want to loose. I have plenty of storys but none I could tell on here lol One good memory is throwing bottles of piss at 50 cent while my mate Dave got a strop on that everyone was boo-ing him, so he turns round to the crowd and tries to start a fight with thousands of people, I think he was the only person there who liked 50 cent. lol

ps this was at Reading, I believe Glasto is a bit more friendly :)

Edd
26-02-12, 09:53 PM
+ rep for throwing piss at 50 pence lol fcuking joke that clown

Hobbit
26-02-12, 10:01 PM
lol'z

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL1dvdGoOvk

L14MNP
26-02-12, 10:05 PM
its Sarah millican flashbacks :D

Mystery explained. As it surely isn't the local populace that finds her funny!

L14MNP
26-02-12, 10:06 PM
+ rep for throwing piss at 50 pence lol fcuking joke that clown

I haven't had the opportunity to do that to anyone really high profile. :(

There's some good vids on Youtube of Daphne and Celeste being hammered with it, and Nickleback getting a rock off his head though! lol lol

Hobbit
26-02-12, 10:10 PM
I missed the Daphne and Celeste year, but apparenty it is still yet to beaten for bottling lol

although sum41 was a close one, but that was different. He wasn't getting many bottles, then stops, and says "you lot cant hit ****, wait to the end of the solo and all throw at once" solo ends and its just a sea of bottles. lol He just carried on as if nothing was happening, even though bottles were bouncing of his head lol lol Good times.

L14MNP
26-02-12, 10:13 PM
I missed the Daphne and Celeste year, but apparenty it is still yet to beaten for bottling lol

lol lol I am not surprised! Looks insane!

Yorkie
27-02-12, 07:47 PM
Omg poor them, would hate to have a bottle thrown at me let alone a bottle of wee. Festivals sounds scary now lol