PDA

View Full Version : Help-Please!!2.0 16V or Calibra Turbo

wrightster16
21-07-03, 03:53 PM
I've just turned 19, and have decided to go back to my nova roots. i got some bloody good quotes today. ?1200 for 2.0 nova with mods, and ?1400 for a 2.0 turbo nova. Just a few Q's

What sort of speed differences are there between them. real recorded times if possible for standard engines? eg 0-60 , 1/4 mile, top speeds.

Is it worth getting the turbo or is it more problems. is it just too much power for the car?

Does the turbo tend to over heat in the smaller engine bay?

Whats the fuel like in both?

what sort of money should i pay for decent cars.

Who are the big names for conversions, so i know the works good.

Are they reliable?

What milage are both engines good for?

Are my insurance quotes good, is there any good companies people know of?

i'm going to buy hopefully from USC or Trax so any replies welcome. thanks alot.

Ste_Nova
21-07-03, 04:57 PM
Who are the big names for conversions, so i know the works good.

big names = big prices.... do it ur self with guidance

Bent
21-07-03, 08:40 PM
I`ll go for turbos.... Nice sound of it.

novax
22-07-03, 09:58 PM
What about 1.6 16v on throttle bodies? We're developing a kit for this in the next few months. It'll be a killer :D

Evolution
23-07-03, 05:33 AM
What about 1.6 16v on throttle bodies? We're developing a kit for this in the next few months. It'll be a killer :D

Im interested in this.

Will it be like a kit to upgrade an exsisting 1.6 8v? or does it involve a whole new engine transplant?

TUBZGSXR
23-07-03, 01:14 PM
im gona be getin a 2litre, or 2litre turbs asap, an ive asked myself the same things mate:
0-60 : not to sure, it depends on how much traction the turbo can get, if u get a good start in the turbo then definatlely that, but the valver mite well win do to more traction generally...
Top speed: turbo eveytime, 150mph i guess, maybe more...
drivalbility: vavlers are great fun so ive heard, an not to bad to drive at all, but ive heard that the trubo delivery can be realy tricky to get of the line, but if u take it easy, of fit lsd etc... an once ur goin turbo is a demon on the road... :twisted:
reliabilty: both engines are strong, but i imagine the turbo mite blow do to the overheating in the small engine bay, but this can be sorted with vents, intercooler etc...
petrol: turbo will eat more fuel.

I personally still havent decided, id like the skooby beating fun of the trubo, and the noise, precence etc, but id like the 'less cost' factor of the valver, and the fact that it mite well be more drivable off the line, but i guess u can get stuff to sort that in the turbo...

mr_tricky
23-07-03, 01:24 PM

id like the skooby beating fun of the trubo,

You dont need a turbo to do that :)