PDA

View Full Version : Mk2 Astra GTE..

benw456
18-02-12, 10:22 AM
Im putting up for sale my recently aquired Mk2 Astra GTE.

I bought the car around a month ago, but I have now had the opportunity to buy my old Nova TD back, so this must go.

Whilst owning the car I have been using it on a daily basis and despite its age only has a few issues.

Ill go through the full car with as much detail as I can - but I would advise coming to see it yourself to make your own assumptions.

Body -

The Astra is finished in Flame red - this one has still remained a good shade of red without fading to pink! The car is quite straight, however there is some issues.
The rear arches have been replaced at some point in the past - it must have been a while ago as it appears that the filler has sunk around the outine of the new arch. It looks ugly behind the petrol cap too.

The passenger door has a dent and a de-lock blank has been fitted. The car comes with 2 extremely good delocked doors.

The drivers wing has some paint flake and it has started to corrode underneath this.

The door rubbing srtips have been taken off - taking some of the paint with it in the process.

The bootlid has been filled in the past underneath the black vynil and again this has sunk. The bootlid also has some corrosion on the underside.

There are a couple of small holes appearing in the shell - one near the drivers strut top and one in the boot. Please be aware that they are only small - around the size of a 1p piece.

Engine -

The car is fitted with the 2.0 8v 130 engine and F16 close ratio gearbox. The engine has been fitted with a cam of some sort as it runs lumpy on idle, a k+n induction kit and a full mild steel exhaust system. A Fuel pressure regulator is also fitted.

A push button start is fitted inside.

The engine runs really well and pulls well for an old car. The engine does burn oil on startup but appears to clear up once warm - leading me to think that the valve stem seals may need changing.

The gearbox selects all gears fine.

Brakes -

The car has the standard 256mm discs and ATE calipers on the front and drums on the rear. The rubber brake hoses have been upgraded to braided hoses.

Suspension -

Bilstein black oe spec dampers are fitted front and rear along with a set of 50mm PI lowering springs that dont appear to be too old. A full stud and nut kit are fitted to the wheels.

Wheels -

The wheels are Mk3 Astra Sport alloys - that have been painted badly in black! They are fitted with 195/45/15 tyres - 2 of which are yokohoma A539s and the other two are budgets. One of the front tyres seems to have a small puncture or a bead leak.

Interior -

This GTE is fitted with the striped trim along with the beige interior plastics. The trim is very similar to Nova GTE trim. It is all complete excpet it is missing the interior door pull covers and a couple of plastic crew covers from the door cards.

All the Digi dash works as it should and is fully illuminated. There is a momo steering wheel and boss fitted.

There isnt any service history for the car - only the last MOT showing the previous milage. It hasnt done alot since then.

There is current mot till April 2012 and Tax till 31st March 2012, so the car is ready to drive away.

Overall, I have described the car to the best of my knowledge and I would suggest inspecting it yourself. I have probably made this car seem alot worse than what it is! We all know that this sort of stuff is getting thin on the ground now and ideally id love to keep it - But with me getting the Nova back along with my Mk1 Astra GTE and my mk2 Cavalier Calibre - I know I wont be able to give it the TLC it needs.

Price wise I will advertise it at £675 and go from there.

My contact number is 07933640046 if you wish to contact me that way.

Please take the time to read what I have wrote thouroghly to give you a good
understanding of what the car is like. More pictures will be added if people require them.

Cheers,
Ben

PHOTOS:

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b213/benw456/IMG_0243.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b213/benw456/IMG_0241.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b213/benw456/IMG_0242.jpg

b16nov
18-02-12, 09:31 PM
would love this just a shame your so far away, unless you would do a swap but i keep my wheels

shed-on-wheels
18-02-12, 09:36 PM
my brother will ring you in a bit buddy

benw456
19-02-12, 11:00 AM
Deposit taken