PDA

View Full Version : XE alloy fuel tank and external pump questions???

dc1984
17-02-12, 10:46 PM
I have been neglecting the project recently but I am not happy with the fuel lines under the car to the standard tank so my question is....

...Has anyone fitted one of the fuel tanks that fit in the spare wheel well or in the boot?
What parts would I need?

I want to run internal braided fuel lines, uprated pump of some sort and do I need to get a swirl pot?

The plan is to use the car on track eventually.

Thanks,

David.

bazil
17-02-12, 11:35 PM
The swirl pot would defo reduce any fuel starve issues, you'd need 2 pumps, one high volume low pressure to supply the swirl pot. And one low volume high pressure to supply the fuel rail.

The XE brain would supply the electrical feed and relayed power to the pumps would power the twin pumps,

dc1984
18-02-12, 08:59 AM
So all I would need to do is do away with the external pump that's under the car and run the wires back inside the car then splice them at the front to supply the pump at the front of the car at the rail?

David.

bazil
18-02-12, 09:59 AM
You could mount both pumps where the standard fuel tank woould have been, that means incase of fire / leak it's outside the car, as for the tank inside you put a false floor over the top to hide it and act as a firewall, so the only exposed part would be the feed and return pipes inside the car,

dc1984
18-02-12, 10:32 AM
That sounds like a good idea mate, I just found a pic on mig of the setup and how it goes :)

Mieran
18-02-12, 10:35 AM
Its a bit OTT on a standard XE I think

Nothing wrong with Nova tank with external pump and decent fuel lines

dc1984
18-02-12, 10:45 AM
You haven't seen the state of the lines I made up last time mate;)
Its got a cage etc so why not upgrade the fuel system?
I can always fit it to another car in the future if I change my plans mate:)

David.

bazil
18-02-12, 01:12 PM
Or if you tune the XE or convert to LET or LEH it'll be well setup for it, and if you break it in the future it'll give you a nice return of cash.