PDA

View Full Version : 20SEH crank into 20XE... Please read.

gunny
17-02-12, 12:06 AM
Basically the crank is out of my XE and it doesn't look too fantastic so I'm thinking about replacing it with a good standard crank. My idea is simple, as my XE is going RWD application on an omega box my plan is to fit a 20SEH etc crank. As far as I understand they're basically identical bar the flywheel bolt pattern which is the reason for my idea, with the 6 bolt crank I could fit an omega ecopoo flywheel and clutch kit to comply with the omega box... I may be missing some obvious reason as to why this won't work (like I usually do) hence why I'm asking for some opinions before I delv in...

Serious comments please can't be doing with the usual oral excrement.

Old man Jimbo
17-02-12, 12:23 AM
As far as I know everything you list i s correct. The only thing I'm unsure of is the timing disc?

gunny
17-02-12, 12:41 AM
You mean the toothed bottom pulley? If the cranks are the same I should be able to just use mine

mowgli
17-02-12, 12:51 PM
Some early big blocks have different shell bearing widths, its worth checking them.

Old man Jimbo
17-02-12, 02:06 PM
You mean the toothed bottom pulley? If the cranks are the same I should be able to just use mine

No I mean the crank sensor timing disc that's inside the block.

Some early big blocks have different shell bearing widths, its worth checking them.

I think (this is really racking my old brain) they are either 19.3 and 20.3? But I think they are both usable as didn't SBD and co sell the wider ones for "competition use" best bet is to have a go and mock it up. I would be quite interested to read the results..

gunny
17-02-12, 06:01 PM
My engine is the late type anyway. I'm gonna try and get my hands on a crank and give it a go I reckon