PDA

View Full Version : Smoking

wisewood
21-07-03, 12:14 PM
Not really the right forum but i dont care - i am dead impressed with myself.

As some of you will know i decided i would try to stop smoking...

Well I am now on Day 23 - so I am no longer considering myself someone who smokes and is trying to stop. I simply do not smoke.

I feel much healthier, have more energy, dont caugh anymore, dont smell like the wrong end of a camel and i can actually smell and taste things again now!

So there you go - YEAY ME!!!

Only problem is I am getting a few spots now as all the toxins are pumped outta my body - but that's only gonna last about a week. :D

Just thought i would tell everyone - since it's possibly my greatest achievment of the last couple of years.

Nova-Boy
21-07-03, 12:20 PM
Well Done matey. Kepp it up and save your pennies!

wisewood
21-07-03, 12:23 PM
Well me n the other half been doing allsorts to her nova last week and its made me wanna do something to the clio. SO the saved money might just have to go towards lowering and some allys first of all :lol:

Nova-Boy
21-07-03, 12:29 PM
Buy a Nova

wisewood
21-07-03, 12:33 PM
;) i was actually gonna mod the clio to look like one :lol:

dont need to buy a nova - the missus has one, and as soon as its finished i am gonna add it to the features. having 2 novas, a 24 year old fiesta and a clio behind the flat might upset my neighbours again :lol:

Nova-Boy
21-07-03, 12:35 PM
ok then you can keep the clio. :lol:

Anton
21-07-03, 12:40 PM
well done

SKoob
21-07-03, 12:41 PM
well done 8)

Tilly
21-07-03, 01:28 PM
:cry: :cry: i cant do it.

well done though

wisewood
21-07-03, 01:30 PM
:cry: :cry: i cant do it.

if you dont really wanna stop - dont try... not worth the hassle as it just wont work.

all of a sudden i wanted to stop and i did.
to be honest its not been very hard at all.

Tilly
21-07-03, 01:33 PM
whe i get properly into saving for my car then i will but atm got to many other things to think about.

Jim
21-07-03, 02:05 PM
It's all about will power. No, I don't mean Will AKA NovaNutter ;)

Jim

?Marty?
21-07-03, 05:37 PM
My achievement is even greater. I simply never was tempted to even try smoking.

But well done mate! There's loads of people i know who 'i'm quitting/i quit smoking', who walk past with a fag hanging out their mouth next day.

wisewood
21-07-03, 05:41 PM
thing is if you've never smoked you cant really understand how hard it is to stop. its difficult to explain without sounding stupid - you are just kinda drawn towards the counter of the shop and find yourself asking for 20 Bensona nd Hedges and a Clipper lighter without even realising it everytime you try to stop :lol:

3 weeks ago just saying the words Benson and Hedges, or even Lambert & butler would have been difficult - just not bothered now though. Cant even stand the smell of it.

Which is good - you know your novaload tshirt wont arrive with you smelling like an ashtray :lol:

Anton
21-07-03, 05:57 PM
Homer: We need to save money fast...

Bart: I'll start smoking and give that up...

Homer: Congratulations boy, giving up smoking is one of the hardest things you can do.. here have a dollar

:lol:

wisewood
21-07-03, 05:59 PM
homers stupidity really is unrivaled isnt it :lol:

match
21-07-03, 06:36 PM
well done mate, altough i have to say i just really enjoyed me cig break at work :lol:

seriously i no how hard it is 2 stop as i still not managed it yet!

DazK
21-07-03, 06:38 PM
im trying to quit :( iv try'd a few times .. longest i managed was about 40hours before i gave in :cry: i wanna try n stop early .. im 16 now .. kick the habit while im young! any tips mate? :|

wisewood
21-07-03, 06:44 PM
TIPS:

:idea: Chewing gum... at the times you would usually have a smoke - have a chew instead. twiddle the wrapped for it in your fingers while you chew too, replaces the need for the cig in your hand.

:idea: DO NOT start munching sweets etc to make up for not smoking, you will put on loads of weight. I have stopped and not put on any weight at all in the three weeks since i last smoked.

:idea: If you can, dont spend any time with your mates who smoke during the first week - and if you must spend time with them, dont get too close while they are smoking. In the first week you will still like the smell of it - after that you start to realise how minging it really is.

:idea: Tell all your friends and family that you are stopping - hopefully they will be supportive and not try and antagonise you too much. If you have stress in your life, the first thing you wanna do is smoke.

DazK
21-07-03, 06:50 PM
hmmmmmm ... im gonna make note of those .. sounds like top advice :D .. i got 9left :? .. gonna try and make em my last ever .. good luck to meeeeeeee :P

wisewood
21-07-03, 06:52 PM
thats what i did.

looked in packet - only one left - decided that was it.
went outside and smoked it and then didnt smoke again.

DazK
21-07-03, 07:04 PM
dont u feel the slightest bit tempted? how long before u forget about it? 8 left now lol

wisewood
21-07-03, 07:11 PM
dad stopped 20 years ago having used hypnotherapy - he still gets an urge sometimes.

Mel
21-07-03, 09:13 PM
congratulations mate

Dan
21-07-03, 09:22 PM
dad stopped 20 years ago having used hypnotherapy - he still gets an urge sometimes.

thats all well and good but i bet if you click your fingers he will think he is a frog or chicken or summin still

ade
21-07-03, 11:41 PM
now...apologies in advance if this has been said before but -

1...how many were you on a day before you gave up?

2...have you stopped TOTALLY - or just cut down?

3...what are you doing woth your new found wealth?

Speaking from someone who doesnt smoke (erhum if you know what I mean - not for 2 yrs mind!) I'm proud of ya m8!

Theres a woman with 2 kids in my block - both her and her partner smoke - they dont smoke in front of the kids so they stand in the close (communcal stairwell) and smoke - thing is it fills the staor and wafts into all the flats including ours (were top floor) - absolutely stinks.

I hate the smell of smoke and the smell of rank stale clothes, especially on pretty women who get into lifts (you cant help sniff them :lol: , but when they smell of fags - eugh :x )

Dont relapse mate - keep it up!

Ade
:wink:

wisewood
22-07-03, 10:29 AM
1...how many were you on a day before you gave up?

2...have you stopped TOTALLY - or just cut down?

3...what are you doing woth your new found wealth?

OK then... lets see...

I was on 20 per day but over the last 12 months i cut down to a mere 5 per day.

I have totally stopped, none of this half measures stuff - today is the 24th day that i have gone without smoking. Hence me declaring myself a non smoker.

My new found wealth is initially paying of my debt a bit quicker than before - once thats gone, its time to spend some money on the car i think. :D

?Marty?
22-07-03, 04:08 PM
Hey wisewood, i have 200 B&H of the finest spanish variety for sale for ?20. Want some? he he he

I STILL say that saying no to smoking in the first place is harder than giving up.

wisewood
22-07-03, 04:12 PM
to someone who doe snot smoke it is smelly, expensive and unhealthy.
why would it be hard to say no in the first place?

lol

as for them 200 - yeah i'll have em.
swap ya for a novaload sweatshirt lol.