PDA

View Full Version : First billing purchase

bazil
14-02-12, 12:47 AM
Well today I bought a king size air bed in preparation for billing, myself and teh wife are planning on camping for the full weekend, I have even booked time off work lol

Suppose I should buy a tent now :-/

NOV4_SPORT
14-02-12, 04:22 AM
Lol, I have a tent but doubt your blow up mattress would even fit in side it lol, might need to invest in a better tent for this year I recon.

But its a start bazil, I still need to book my time off for it lol.

Hobbit
14-02-12, 06:51 AM
I need to find a new job so i can book the time off lol

Hayley
14-02-12, 01:20 PM
Ive been refused time off coz of the Olympics. :cry:

Im hoping they change their mind nearer the time otherwise I might throw a tantrum

pie
14-02-12, 01:23 PM
i camp all weekend last year felt dead at the end aye lol

roll on this year :)

Edd
14-02-12, 01:26 PM
Fcuk camping lol hotel or just go for a day

mowgli
14-02-12, 01:43 PM
bazil, have you slept on a double air matress before???? they kill me......

a couple of years ago, we camped in poole, and this couple turned up having just bought all their camping stuff on the way at halfords...so they put up the tent...ok so far, then pushed the mattress inside, ok..... then inflated it off a pump from the car....and the mattress was 6" bigger than the tent in all directions..
she was in the inside getting changed as he pumped it up... so there was this half dressed woman, screaming the place down & her bloke running round trying to make it all better....

pikey1986
14-02-12, 01:46 PM
my air bed only stays inflated for a few hours, ive got to invest in a new one as its rather annoying having to pump it back up at 3am lol

Jack
14-02-12, 01:58 PM
Camping is the best bit, means you can sit down and have a drink with everyone. Sod driving all that way and back in one day lol

sport
14-02-12, 08:04 PM
Lol, I have a tent but doubt your blow up mattress would even fit in side it lol, might need to invest in a better tent for this year I recon.

But its a start bazil, I still need to book my time off for it lol.

But you tent is so cosy :gay: lol

Mike
14-02-12, 08:18 PM
Not attendance from me this year.

Hobbit
14-02-12, 08:22 PM
Omg wtf (no) bbq?

:sadface:

Mike
14-02-12, 08:25 PM
Omg wtf (no) bbq?

:sadface:

Be here instead http://www.santapod.co.uk/e_dragstalgia.php

Pistol Pete
14-02-12, 09:13 PM

This....however i may camp over night. Be a last minute decision though.

Novasport
14-02-12, 09:14 PM
I made my first purchase last month, put down a deposit on one of these for Billing.....

http://www.fileycaravanrentals.co.uk/images/6nerth/van.jpg

Bed, central heating, bathroom, kitchen, TV, hot running water :)

NOV4_SPORT
14-02-12, 09:17 PM
But you tent is so cosy lol

Yeh very true, but its your turn to be the big spoon graeme flol :gay::eek:

bazil
14-02-12, 09:19 PM
thats posh camping that lol

nice though.

Novasport
14-02-12, 09:19 PM
I booked off Weds to Monday as soon as I got back to work in the new year, the van is booked Thurs, Fri, Sat & Sun night so got a nice long weekend down there.
The missus was moaning that I have booked this but not even thought about what we are doing for a holiday yet or when we are booking time off. Priorities my dear, priorities! lol lol lol

Mike
14-02-12, 09:25 PM
I made my first purchase last month, put down a deposit on one of these for Billing.....

Bed, central heating, bathroom, kitchen, TV, hot running water :)

Ohhhh thats not a bad idea actually! Could tempt me to come along... how much if you dont mind me asking?

blue_peg_16v
14-02-12, 09:30 PM
I will be glamping this year but no but will only be bringing half a tent , but will also have a fridge and tv come on lol

Novasport
14-02-12, 09:30 PM
£2-300 dependant on Berth & length of stay. Well worth it as the hotel is getting v expensive now.

Edd
14-02-12, 09:34 PM
I was hoping for £40/50 for a night in a travel lodge lol but thinking about it I would have to sleep in the Sport in case some coonts try stealing it lol

Think a day trip is looking likely now

Novasport
14-02-12, 09:40 PM
Leave it in Billing and walk out to the hotel, it's what I used to do. You can leave it outside the van with mine and Mark's, will be safe there. Or leave it in the club area, sure it will be fine.

Novasport
14-02-12, 09:45 PM
Hotel is £108 for Fri/Sat night

Mike
14-02-12, 09:47 PM
£2-300 dependant on Berth & length of stay. Well worth it as the hotel is getting v expensive now.

Cheaper then a weekend stay in the Mint Hotel in Birmingham then! (had a crazy weekend birthday bash & ended up staying there all weekend lol)

Might look into that then actually.

Hobbit
15-02-12, 06:20 PM
Camping is all part of the fun. The Burgo's live just down the road and still camp! Says all you need to know imo.

mowgli
15-02-12, 07:05 PM
tbf, if i lived in ket'ring, i'd camp at billing too..... lol lol....

the smell of the hot cross bun bakery always does my head in when i go there.....

John
15-02-12, 07:06 PM
camping ftw! (although i got a hotel last year but that was nicely paid for by audi lol)

mowgli
15-02-12, 07:08 PM
i'm still working on my new nova towbar (with removeable westfalia towball) so i can drag the trailer tent there...