PDA

View Full Version : Imageshack

Nova_Tek
13-02-12, 07:43 PM
Just logged into Imageshack and I was confronted with this message

"You have 1244 photos stored. Since you're over the 500 photo limit you'll need to upgrade to a Premium account or you'll only be able to keep 500 of your recent photos. Older photos will expire on the 1st of March."

That's nice! $2 per month to store photos. Need to find somewhere else I think.

This is gonna totally funk up my project thread :mad:

Old man Jimbo
13-02-12, 07:46 PM
Photobucket ftw!

Pete
13-02-12, 07:48 PM
Dropbox FTW :)

turbojolt
13-02-12, 07:59 PM
Why can't we host pictures on this site like fiat forum so older car threads don't get ruined with image no longer exists thingie ma bobs

Nova_Tek
13-02-12, 08:08 PM
What's bothering me is that I'm now having to go thourgh all my images to delete ones that I don't really need to host so I can try keep all my project thread images intact.

Hosting pics on PNG would mean more load on servers and space needed by the site to which I can only assume it'll be more expensive to run.

Jack
13-02-12, 10:24 PM
Yarp. Well its not so much storage but bandwidth.

Photobucket and Flickr are both reasonable. There are also third party tools out there to download your entire Imageshack account contents, so might be worth checking some of those out. I've not used any myself though so can't make any recommendations

[edit] imageshack suggest using the DownloadThemAll firefox addon, which I have used and its pretty good.

Bubba
13-02-12, 11:16 PM
faceache albums :d lol photobucket crashes every time i load it up

scott.parker
13-02-12, 11:32 PM
Or as im thinking.. my last 500 are the only ones i really need, so i was going to just create an new IS account with other email and once i hit 500 create another lol!

Nova_Tek
14-02-12, 10:19 AM
I've ended up doing that but I'll still need to redo the Cav project thread as the Nova takes up much more . I'll also try your idea Jack