PDA

View Full Version : what fuel pressure....

boyd_1989
13-02-12, 04:42 PM
Hi can anyone help me... im thinking of putting on a fuel pressure regulator, and was just wondering what fuel pressure to put it to... modifications are : c16xe, powerbox, 4-1 manifold, gte flywheel... but lower down in the revs it feels like i got abit of a flat spot so just wondering if a FPR would solve this? any help would be much appreciated. comments please...

Adam
13-02-12, 05:00 PM
Lol, standard fuel pressure as that is what the ecu was mapped with/at.
The flat spot is because youve binned half of the inlet that the engine was originally mapped with....

Changing the fuel pressure without a remap will either give too little or too much fuel

boyd_1989
13-02-12, 06:12 PM
Oh ok then, but with a standard exhaust manifold it doesn't seem to have the flat spot but it does with the 4-1 ... Could a blowing exhaust cause this? Cause it was blowing slightly from the manifold-head that's why I took it off...

Adam
14-02-12, 06:19 PM
A blowing manifold wont help no, so get that sorted first.
Again though, youve got a flatspot when you fit the 4-1, which breathes completely different compared to the standard 4-2-1(which the engine was setup to use originally)

I do know a few people who get flat spots after fitting powerboxes, which is why dbilas/mantzel supplied a remap'd ecu/"chip" with there inlets originally.

boyd_1989
14-02-12, 06:28 PM
Yeah ill sort that and let you all know what happens.. And ohh really? Hmm maybe I could try source one of them chips? If anyone has one let me know ;) well yeah I'm going to try solve the 4-1 blowing this weekend. Thanks for the info Adam :)

Adam
14-02-12, 06:49 PM
My 1600 16v went well with a powerbox, but it was a x16xe

boyd_1989
14-02-12, 07:17 PM
yeah mate mine goes really well :) i got it rolling roaded at 134bhp with the blowing manifold lol i just need to get my limiter raised up to about 7200rpm? its at 6650 i think atm :/