PDA

View Full Version : Twice!!!

SKoob
20-07-03, 10:35 PM
Right my speedo cable snapped on the way to billing, so i drove round for a week with it as it was, after a week i got a new cable fitted it, all was fine till today when it has snapped once again :? surely it shud last more that a week, also when i took the dials out today, to see what was wrong with the speedo, i think i may of disconnected a wire somewhere, cus me car engine doesn't stop when u turn the ignition off and take the key out :? have to stall it to stop it. Any help please guys, whats causing the probs?

Cheers Ben

mikeoxford
21-07-03, 12:06 AM
RE ignition problem you will have distruebd the ignition barrel most likely. wires on the end of the key are often loose or crap connection.

as for the clocks itll be because the cable was not routed properley, it has tob e as straight as poss and where there is a metal bracket behind the dash it has to go to the correct side of it else it will have to much of a sharp bend on it and snap

if u want any cables i have 3 of them in my garage - ill do em cheap to get rid of em!!!!!!!

SKoob
21-07-03, 12:28 AM
cheers :wink: how cheap we talking?

mikeoxford
21-07-03, 12:35 AM
chips

SKoob
21-07-03, 12:38 AM
couple of quid?

mikeoxford
21-07-03, 12:43 AM
lol how much are they for you to buy!?

drop us an email with ur addy on dont put it on here.

pay postage and packaging............................