PDA

View Full Version : vaughans old sport? Who owns now?

Pete
11-02-12, 07:29 PM
Who how owns it? I read a wip a while ago, but forgot whos it was,
Anyone lead me in the right direction?

Andy
11-02-12, 07:49 PM
greg1.4 i think his name is

bazil
11-02-12, 07:49 PM
Yup as he said

Edd
11-02-12, 07:53 PM
If greg or anybody else is looking for a fag burned Sport interior vaughan has one forsale for £1000 lol :eek: :roll:

Pete
11-02-12, 07:54 PM
Thank you :) will see if I can find a wip thread, was it him that had it straight after Vaughan?

Sturge
11-02-12, 08:04 PM
Yes Greg got it straight after Vaughan

Pete
11-02-12, 08:22 PM
I wants lol
I know it needed work, I just havnt got the pennies to buy a "mint" one

grooge
11-02-12, 08:33 PM
a got told off another member on here a while ago he was thinkin of sellin it to fund his rallying.

grooge
11-02-12, 08:34 PM
when a saw the shell last sure all the work had been done on it aswell, just needed building up, he'd done a lot of good work on it since he got it

Pete
11-02-12, 08:39 PM
Will be interesting to see some recent pics, he got all the int and ext bits for it now then?

bazil
11-02-12, 08:47 PM
No Vaughan built the sport interior into a late mk1 shell it's on gumtree atm

kent14sr
11-02-12, 08:49 PM
No Vaughan built the sport interior into a late mk1 shell it's on gumtree atm

Vaughan is still on here most days, but doesnt post anymore- PM him and I am sure he could tell you more?

grooge
11-02-12, 08:51 PM
sure shell was done, he got an interior cos he wanted to buy mine but got another. cant mind engine or running gear, think he was goin to tune the engine though. he had a project thread on here

Pete
11-02-12, 08:51 PM
Yeah I remembered him keeping it for the red shell he had, wasn't sure if Greg has bought his own.

Well just found out its not registered on the list tho... Which is a shame, not much point in pursuing...

Edd
11-02-12, 08:58 PM
Previous owners had it confimed as genuine tho, Vaughan had trouble getting it confimed iirc but he had a letter with the car from Heritage centre saying it was genuine, from what I remember the letter wasn't enough for vaughan

AndyGTE95
11-02-12, 09:00 PM
anyone got a link to the thread ?

Pete
11-02-12, 09:01 PM
But, is it on Andrews list? As you all know that if it's not it's worth nothing, it's just another shell...

Edd
11-02-12, 09:04 PM
But, is it on Andrews list? As you all know that if it's not it's worth nothing, it's just another shell...

Not 100% sure but mintFRST (a previous owner) had it confimed, tbh you would need to check with Mr. list holder lol

Pete
11-02-12, 09:07 PM
Seems that way.

Will await gregs pm reply, and take it from there.

bazil
11-02-12, 09:38 PM
Vaughan is still on here most days, but doesnt post anymore- PM him and I am sure he could tell you more?

No thanks, a merit shell and brown seats don't interest me, as for Vaughan he should grow a pair and stand up for himself, he made a decision to split a sport then spat the dummy when called a hypocrite.

thegingerwhinger
11-02-12, 09:44 PM
No thanks, a merit shell and brown seats don't interest me, as for Vaughan he should grow a pair and stand up for himself, he made a decision to split a sport then spat the dummy when called a hypocrite.

well said!

Pete
11-02-12, 09:49 PM
Meh, not taking sides like, but it was his to do what he wanted with.

He didn't think it was a sport, sold the shell for cheap and kept the goodies to recoup the money he lost overall.
I'd do the same if I was in his boat, as would anyone else.

But let's not go there and I don't want my thread being locked or another gay arguement over it all.

bazil
11-02-12, 09:56 PM
Meh nae skin off my back, anyway what you asked for I shall give lol

http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?137245-C621-HGF-Nova-Sport!&

Pete
11-02-12, 10:20 PM
:)

Did Greg ever get a reply back from Andrew?

bazil
11-02-12, 10:23 PM
Duno, his last visit was jan 22nd but the thread looks a bit dormant :(

scott.parker
11-02-12, 10:27 PM
I.B.T.L lol

Pete
11-02-12, 10:33 PM
Was thinking that Bazil, just woundered if he had a reply saying it wasn't gen and gave up on it.

And lol Scott

bazil
11-02-12, 10:43 PM
Scott's a bit early lol

The lad did do well with the work on it

scott.parker
11-02-12, 10:51 PM
Sorry i just get the MASSIVE appeal of Sports, not enough to spend 10K or silly amounts on them, as IMO my Track sold for the correct money (if not under sold) and i would not spend that on a Nova Sport, as to me there just not that "special" i would rather own a real classic like a Carmen Ghia etc.

bazil
11-02-12, 10:57 PM
My mate is selling a ghia, on air bags with Subaru engine ?

Someone once said " what's so great about a base spec 1.3 with stickers ? "

I don't know but I know I like iain's lol

AndyGTE95
11-02-12, 11:25 PM
Meh nae skin off my back, anyway what you asked for I shall give lol

http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?137245-C621-HGF-Nova-Sport!&

thanks for the link

+ rep mate :)

Sturge
12-02-12, 08:56 AM
Reet, just to clear a few things up.............

MintFRST got it confirmed and had a letter to prove it, I also spoke to ADD regarding the car, it is 100% genuine. Heritage centre was in the middle of digitizing all their records when Vaughan tried to get confirmation, ADD didn't have the full list, and Vaughan was told that, he was also told if it had been confirmed in the past then it was genuine.

The shell was NOT rotten, it was exactly as Vaughan was told it was before he bought it, and as Greg proved, didn't need that much work to get it right.

He then sold the shell (not cheap) without the engine and interior. Greg subsequently managed to get the engine off him eventually, and Vaughan is now trying to sell the non mint interior for the same price he paid for the car

It has a fair bit of history with it, including the letter from ADD, and I still regret selling it

NOV4_SPORT
12-02-12, 11:05 AM
My mate is selling a ghia, on air bags with Subaru engine ?

Someone once said " what's so great about a base spec 1.3 with stickers ? "

I don't know but I know I like iain's lol

Thanks mate, some people get the whole "sport" thing and some dont, granted its only a base shell with some decals and a 1.3 running carbs etc, but for me there is just something about the sport

angusl2006
12-02-12, 01:37 PM
Im Local to greg, not sure if he still has the shell or not. I seen a while ago he was trying to sell it, i went up to see his rally car and he showed me the sport shell, it is now in great condition, new panles all round.

If anyone was interested in buying it i would think he would sell as he is now very big into his rallying, the money would help him in his entrys into the scottish rally championship this year.

Pete
12-02-12, 02:25 PM
I've sent him a pm, so shall await and see what he says, and if the price is right :)

dgbnova#1
17-06-15, 08:02 AM
Well this is mine now trying to push to get it to billing shell is in fantastic condition which is a total bonus for me original floor pans with no welding done or needed on the floors at all it's had all the replacement panels done really well just need to crack on finishing it now