PDA

View Full Version : Astra g Key fob problem HELP!!

JaysNova
10-02-12, 04:22 PM
Ive recently bought an Astra which i have to lock/unlock with the key as the fob doesnt work.

I changed the battery and put abit of cardboard in to keep it tight as it was abit loose.

Now all i get is a light that stays on for about 5 seconds.

I turned the ignition and held either button one at a time to see if it would program but NOTHING!! http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/images/smilies/facepalm.gif

What else can i do guys? Im lost!!!

Adam
10-02-12, 05:33 PM
It probably aint programmed to the car.
Afaik its a dealer kind of issue to sort out?

vx kev
10-02-12, 08:43 PM
keep pressing both the buttons randomly lots (lots) of times with ignition on, usually does the trick for me. If not then its not a suitable fob for the car and as said above would need to be programmed at a dealer.

scott.parker
11-02-12, 11:02 AM
Mines been dinging this for ages, it's loose battery issues, as when it's come loose in your pocket it then needs reprogramming by putting it into the ignition an turning it to position 2 then you press lock to re-sync the fob, I have to do this at least once a day lol

John
11-02-12, 01:56 PM
the battery holder is prone to coming loose on the pcb, is yours ok? iirc you can only re-program with ign on if it's factory fitted c/l, if it has an alarm the new fob will need coding in. hth

w88rdy
11-02-12, 06:47 PM
I had this and just went to the scrappers and bought another remote fob and the central locking ecu, located in the drivers footwell, cost me £20 and works every time now ;)

JaysNova
13-02-12, 07:05 AM
Cheers guys as w88rdy said scrappy job i think as my opcom aint really helping