PDA

View Full Version : waterpump

swedge
10-02-12, 01:25 PM
im still not happy with how my belt runs around my water pump so looking to change it

on this site there are 2 listed for the 20seh

my engine number is 14277550

this CLICK HERE (http://www.vauxhall-car-parts.co.uk/acatalog/VAUXHALL_WATER_PUMP_-_90272361.html) pump says it fits

With 20NE , C20NE , 20SEH engines up to engine no 14608700

and this CLICK HERE (http://www.vauxhall-car-parts.co.uk/acatalog/VAUXHALL_WATER_PUMP_-_R1160018N.html) pump says it fits

with 20NE , C20NE , 20SEH engines up to Engine no 14608700

im guessing both pumps will fit, my pump looks more like the second one as on the actual pulley itself the ridge that stops the belt from goin off in the inside is only like a big washer that isnt actually attached to the pulley and when i had problems with my belt coming off due to having a washer behind the bottom crank pulley i think its damaged the pump pulley

so whats the actualy difference between the pumps? i think im gonna buiy the first one in the link as the ridge on the inside of the pulley looks like its all 1 piece unlike the other that is on mine and in the second link

mowgli
10-02-12, 02:18 PM
Try the £11 one first.

I had this with my e16se years back, the version with the tin disc was really expensive, but the version without was cheap, and it ran fine.

swedge
10-02-12, 02:22 PM
yeah thats what i was thinking, the one im currently using the 1 with the thin disk and to me the other 1 with the ridges that are all one piece looks better

mowgli
10-02-12, 02:28 PM
Isn't the pulley dodgy on your existing one?

swedge
10-02-12, 02:32 PM
i think the actuall pulley itself is fine but the thin disk that sits on the inside of the pulley that stops it wandering off has moved out slightly and wont stay where it should as ive tried knocking it back in

if i use the other pump in the link the ridge is actually 1 piece and cannot come off the pulley so should sort my problems

thats if the pics are of the actualy pump and not just a random pic

swedge
10-02-12, 02:40 PM
just purchased the £11 one so will get it fitted once its here, bit of a pain to do cos io need to take off the thermostat housing to get the thing out

Nova_Tek
10-02-12, 06:55 PM
I got the £24 quid one as my dads SEH was the engine numbers related to that. Didn't wanna risk it. Not been fitted yet though.

swedge
10-02-12, 07:11 PM
the info on both those pumps match my engine number though so i should be able to use either of them

i think if i didnt have the problems to begin with i wouldnt have this problem

the pump ive ordered looks like it will be better than the other one which im using