PDA

View Full Version : What Fuel pressure for Twin 40's ?????

NOV4_SPORT
09-02-12, 07:13 PM
Hey folks just wondering if any one can help me out i have fitted and plumbed in a Facet Fuel pressure regulator, the kit came with the little gauge to show the outlet fuel pressure, what should the dial be reading ?
Its currently at 2.5 psi at idle, the engine fires up fine and idles well.

Iam just wondering what pressure it should be set at as i cant take the car out on the road to test it out under load to see if its running right but it revs up perfectly fine, with no flat spots or hesitation.

Any help or info would be much appreciated folks. :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Stuart
09-02-12, 08:11 PM
3psi tops... flow is more important than pressure, but the standard carb pump driven by the camshaft will cope upto 150bhp with a pressure reg

blue_peg_16v
09-02-12, 08:30 PM
As said 3psi ish

Stan Wrecked
09-02-12, 08:58 PM
You should run a cam driven pump from a swirl pot. I have a electric pump then a mech pump to feed the carbs. If you run the electric pump it will damage the pressure valve inside the carbs. Then the carbs could hydo lock the engine ( worst case ).
PS are they webbers or delortos ???

sport
09-02-12, 10:24 PM
Webbers.

NOV4_SPORT
10-02-12, 10:33 AM
Thanks for the info lads, i would re fit the mech fuel pump but its totally fooked thats why i have been running a facet electronic fuel pupe(fast road stable cube) But wanting to pumgrade to the facet silver top as the old facet unit is a bit past it and have had problems where it cuts out and wont work ?

So as long as i run the pressure regulator around 3 psi or a little lower i should be all good then ?