PDA

View Full Version : oil in dump valva

nova_t
08-02-12, 10:40 PM
hi all since replacing my turbo (brand new hybrid kkk) ive had this problem of oil dripping from the bottom of my car only problem ive got is where its dripping from theres nothing there to leak oil apart from the dump valve so im thinking ive got oil spraying out dump valve when it dumps any ideas and what could cause the problem if it is coming from dump valve

http://i661.photobucket.com/albums/uu333/corsa_redtop/novaoilleak-1.jpg

Lewis.
08-02-12, 10:46 PM
there's often a little oil vapour in the intake charge, even with new/good turbos. will just be this condensing and dripping out the DV. easy solution is to remove it

nova_t
08-02-12, 10:57 PM
remove the dump valve?

nova_t
08-02-12, 11:11 PM
so remove the dump valve thought not running dump valve is bad for turbo

Graeme
08-02-12, 11:12 PM
How come the turbo was replaced? Could it still be in there from the previous turbo failing? Don't remove it as it serves a purpose

nova_t
08-02-12, 11:17 PM
could i remove it and go back to using standerd recurculating valve and turbo was removed due to smoking alot so brought a brand new hybrid one and now all i get is oil and all oil was wiped out of pipes but didnt clean out intercooler due to not knowing how to clean it out

John
08-02-12, 11:32 PM
I's say there's still some oil residue in your ic. Remove it and drain it out. Leave it standing upright overnight, then clean it out in a parts washer or similar, then leave standing again. Either that or your new turbo is goosed. If the car has no boost leaks then i'd say it coming from the d/v.

nova_t
08-02-12, 11:36 PM
Ok would it damage my engine/turbo if I was to remove my dump valve and go back to using standerd recirculating valve

Bubba
08-02-12, 11:50 PM
Ok would it damage my engine/turbo if I was to remove my dump valve and go back to using standerd recirculating valve

not if it came factory like that. (it would be silly to have it setup to kill then engine)

Jack
09-02-12, 12:20 AM
Rercirc will be fine.

You can use petrol to clean the IC out. As for oil in the DV, if there's enough in there for it to be leaking out then I'd say there's a problem... Whip some of the other pipes off and have a look. Is it using much oil or smoking when idling or under boost?

Southie
09-02-12, 06:43 AM
As said above clear everything out which may already have old oil ie the pipes and IC.

Is it smoking oil from the exhaust at all?

Out of interest are you letting the turbo cool down when your pulling up before switching the engine off?

nova_t
09-02-12, 06:56 AM
No smoke/oil at all out of exhaust and yes car is warmed up and left to run before turning on and off car runs mint no misfires on or off boost

Southie
09-02-12, 06:59 AM
Then clean the IC, make sure the clips are all tight and keep your eye on it for a week and report back.

Just give your plugs a check over to see if they're discoloured or not to be safe.

nova_t
09-02-12, 08:52 AM
Will do thanks for help

Stanley
11-02-12, 03:10 AM
I'd say it's just the reminence of the old turbo using oil and dumping it into the intake pipework and dump valve.

Personally id just leave it and let it burn off until its gone, but I guess you could remove and clean it all.

nova_t
18-02-12, 12:59 PM
took all boost pipes of and intercooler yesterday cleaned them all and left to soak in a tub of warm soapy water then left to dry put all back on today and so far so good no oil so maybe it was just what was left after old turbo blew thanks for all the help hopefully problem solved

nova_t
20-02-12, 05:51 PM
well after driving for a day ive got oil in my dump valve again so i think my brand new 2 month old turbo has give up already will be taking it straight back