PDA

View Full Version : Wiring looms

phunkynova
07-02-12, 07:23 PM
Some Help Please.
Just now I'm re-shelling my Vauxhall Nova 1.4 SR (nv) in to a Opel Corsa A 1.4i (C14nz)
My Problem is which Loom to use as I'm going from RHD to LHD.
The Nova loom works with the engine I will be using as I will use my rally engine a Carb NV
but then all the wiring for the dash is on the wrong side but as it comes in on the left I could maybe bring it back to the left.
Or I use the Opel loom but the dizzy and coil run off the ecu which my engine does not use so then I must find some way of wiring up the NV dizzy and coil.
Will the loom from the Opel work the rest of the car ok with out the ecu as the ecu looks like it only runs SPI, Dizzy, Coil, Oil pressure,.
Anyone have some good answer to this.
Thanks. :thumb:

mowgli
07-02-12, 07:32 PM
to save a lot of time, the lhd loom is the obvious choice, the sender wires are definitely independant from the ecu ..

you can then re-use the original ignition mini-loom off the sr.

then the feed to the ecu (i think its black) will need to be used to feed the coil with power.

phunkynova
07-02-12, 07:43 PM
Not too sure if the SR has a mini loom for the Dizzy and Coil I must look at that.
Would it be easy to wire up as this is my weak point Electrical.

mowgli
07-02-12, 07:51 PM
it should be easy.. i will struggle to offer too much tech help, as i only really have mk1 tech stuff.

what does the sr's dizzy cap look like? that helps to identify it.

phunkynova
07-02-12, 07:57 PM
like this

http://i995.photobucket.com/albums/af71/phunkferret/Vauxhall%20Nova%20rally-cross%20car/MyNovarallycrosscar045.jpg

phunkynova
07-02-12, 07:58 PM
http://i995.photobucket.com/albums/af71/phunkferret/Vauxhall%20Nova%20rally-cross%20car/MyNovarallycrosscar091.jpg

mowgli
07-02-12, 08:12 PM
there will be what is called a mini loom for that type of dizzy. you will simply need to identify the +ve that powers the ecu, where it comes out of the ign switch & then connect a new wire to power the coil. then the other sensor, and starter wires can be reused

phunkynova
07-02-12, 08:15 PM
OK thanks I'll take a look at it tomorrow.