PDA

View Full Version : light bulbs

waggygsi
07-02-12, 02:59 PM
whats the best bulbs to buy for my nova headlights :thumb:

mowgli
07-02-12, 03:01 PM
what ever the local garage sells, then if you feel the need, get some proper driving lights fitted for extra lighting.....

Jack
07-02-12, 03:05 PM
Halfords +120 and +90 are actually pretty good, only worth buying when they have a buy one get one free sale though.
Osram Nightbreaker Plus are good and cheap; quite yellow but have a good light output.
Philips Blue Vision if you want a nice white'ish light.

If you have LOTS of spare cash floating around though, PIAA Xtreme White are, in my experience, the best.

windfreek
15-02-12, 11:23 PM
If you have LOTS of spare cash floating around though, PIAA Xtreme White are, in my experience, the best.

or you could get 4 HID's and put 2 within some 8" hella spots :)

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g460/windfreek/0de666fe.jpg

I drive nothing but 14 miles of country lane to and from work now

scott.parker
15-02-12, 11:29 PM
I use ebay specials at £5 a pair 60w blue tips! cant go wrong for the money, they last ages too!

waggygsi
16-02-12, 09:44 AM
canny use hid there illeagle noo bud

Jack
16-02-12, 10:24 AM
They're not, but the beam pattern in Nova lamps will fail your MOT.

Halfords have buy one get one free at the mo on their bulbs btw.

waggygsi
16-02-12, 11:34 PM
wew anybody a know thts got hids in there car gets a ticket as there illeagle unless uve got light washers self levelrs etc knew a boy tht had them fitted to his cupra r for 20 mins an got fine

windfreek
18-02-12, 07:15 PM
wew anybody a know thts got hids in there car gets a ticket as there illeagle unless uve got light washers self levelrs etc knew a boy tht had them fitted to his cupra r for 20 mins an got fine

depends on the police i suppose, in mid wales no one hears you scream.... or i should say everyone has them fitted, there's even a local gamekeeper that has a 80's l-rover with 8 spots on it, 4 bumper 4 roof, all HID and it looks like the sun is up when hes on the lanes, also the police are (hold your breath) quite nice around here, so much so if they see its a local car they will point their speedguns in the air and wave as you pass as chances are you will see them in the pub later anyway, also (and im sure someone will correct me if im wrong, but spots arnt part of the beam pattern on MOT thus not applicable to HID spots as there only on with high beam)

Lewis.
18-02-12, 07:34 PM
/\ correct, auxilliary lighting is not part of the test.