PDA

View Full Version : standard cams .....

crash_ndie
07-02-12, 10:44 AM
just been on the phone to kent cams and vauxhall apparently the x20xev cams will fit the z18xe block the thing they cant tell me is there durations ive mangaed to find this info:

z18xe vaux part no :90512899 inlet 92219553 exhuast

Duration Inlet: 206 deg (not sure)
Duration Exhaust: 210 deg (not sure)
Valve Lift Inlet: 8,50mm
Valve Lift Exhaust: 8,00mm

x20xev

252 duration 8.5 mm lift

can anyone comfirm this and turn it in to english for me is the x20xev cams better preformance ???

mowgli
07-02-12, 10:53 AM
the z18xe is about 2" shorter than an x20xev, so i'd love to see how it would fit..

crash_ndie
07-02-12, 11:03 AM
am with you on that 1 thought small block and big block wouldnt match, ive no idea and not even looked at the lumps as yet am only going on what they said to me on the fone. just want to find out if its worth it the hastle of swaping them if they do fit .....

mowgli
07-02-12, 11:23 AM
the new z18xe type engines are already designed to flow fantastically well, but are restricted with the inlet & exhaust.. freeing up the existing engine will be a good starting point.

Tom-Tank
07-02-12, 11:43 AM
the new z18xe type engines are already designed to flow fantastically well, but are restricted with the inlet & exhaust.. freeing up the existing engine will be a good starting point.
I agree on the exhaust side of it but, with the inlets though the standard ones produce far better torque through the revs, the aftermarket dbilas ones just move all the power and torque up the rev range so peak power comes in alot higher

mowgli
07-02-12, 01:05 PM
but double ar$e stuff is meant to be brilliant.... reg & al used to come on here & threaten people with legal action if they called it names..........

restricting an inlet is a standard way of getting more torque..

crash_ndie
07-02-12, 01:23 PM
think id prefer more low down power over top end, i mean the zafs are like bricks any way so they arnt really going get up to a massif top end. so whats the differance on the 2 cam profiles then ? could a use the exhaust 1 out of the x20xev (if it fits) and keep the inlet 1 from the z18xe

Tom-Tank
07-02-12, 01:47 PM
think id prefer more low down power over top end, i mean the zafs are like bricks any way so they arnt really going get up to a massif top end. so whats the differance on the 2 cam profiles then ? could a use the exhaust 1 out of the x20xev (if it fits) and keep the inlet 1 from the z18xe
Dont bother with cams from another engine just get ones meant for the Z18XE saves pissing about, Pleanty of people make cams for the engine so just get some from them if your going to bother but at the end of the day its still a Zafira and will handle like a bag of crap like all the people above have said

Tom-Tank
07-02-12, 01:55 PM
but double ar$e stuff is meant to be brilliant.... reg & al used to come on here & threaten people with legal action if they called it names..........

restricting an inlet is a standard way of getting more torque..
Most dbilas stuff is just overpriced, plenty of other stuff exactly the same for half the price, and ive been removed from regals facebook page before as they dont like people slating them or their prices

Stuart
07-02-12, 01:59 PM
lol so you've gone from ITB'ing it to keeping the oem inlet as its torquier.... me thinks any engine work is never gonna happen.

Catcams will make what you want though.

mowgli
07-02-12, 02:00 PM
it takes a lot of training & money to take delivery of a box from germany & then follow the instructions to fit it.....

crash_ndie
07-02-12, 02:41 PM
lol so you've gone from ITB'ing it to keeping the oem inlet as its torquier.... me thinks any engine work is never gonna happen.

Catcams will make what you want though.

oi :( it will happen i just like getting as much info and options as possible before i jump in and as i have the cam sat there i was going to drop it in while i build this block i have in the kitchen .... yeah shes not to happy about it ither but its cold outside....

Stuart
07-02-12, 02:53 PM
note cams will push the 'power' higher up the revs too.... assuming the ECU is even happy enough to run with them in the first place.

Nitrous or Mechanically driven boosting is your only 'real' solution lol

crash_ndie
07-02-12, 03:04 PM
whoooo nos now there is a thought :)

mowgli
07-02-12, 03:07 PM
please for the love of all things good... just trade it up to a decent performance model... you'll be throwing money away on a std 1.8 zaf..

Tom-Tank
07-02-12, 03:24 PM
If your desperate to tune a Z18XE at least buy a decent car with one in like a Corsa or Astra

crash_ndie
07-02-12, 04:26 PM
lmao if i could do i would but need the seats and lack of space at home for a 3rd car so zaf it has to be :(