PDA

View Full Version : nova bonnet problem help please!!!!

nova_t
03-02-12, 11:56 PM
hi all finding it hard to explain whats actually wrong with my bonnet but here goes

when driving my nova the back drivers side of the bonnet is rattling and making a right racket. when i lifted bonnet to have a look i noticed the part where my bonnet bolts to and goes under the panel that covers the battery is loose and bonnet is lifting up and down and side to side when i had a feel underneath felt like there is a nut and bolt loose but caint see it as its under the panel

any body know how to fix this problem as its doing my head in sorry if my explernation is crap any help would be appreciated thanks

http://i661.photobucket.com/albums/uu333/corsa_redtop/bonnetproblem.png

another problem ive got while im asking is when i put my handbrake on my fuel pump goes loud as soon as i take handbrake of it is fine ive checked and made sure my handbrake cable isnt crushing a fuel pipe so any ideas on this aswell would be appreciated thanks

L14MNP
04-02-12, 11:03 PM
Loose bonnet hinge (as you supected) tighten it up and it will be fine.

I would guess it's a wiring issue with the handbrake/pump. Trace it back and see what's what.

phazer
04-02-12, 11:06 PM
You can only tighten it up if it's been replaced at some point. They are some fancy rivet from the factory, when it wears it rattles. Not sure if you can still get them but Vx sold a shouldered bolt to go with replacement hinges, that's the only fix.

L14MNP
04-02-12, 11:14 PM
Ah, I have only experienced the bolted/replaced type then. Every day is a school day!

Get your melon in there, drill out the rivet, then bolt it imo.

scott.parker
04-02-12, 11:40 PM
Weld the cont!

nova_t
05-02-12, 03:21 PM
Cheers will ave a proper look once this snow passes thanks

Iain
05-02-12, 03:33 PM
Weld the cont!

Yeah bonnets that open are just a gimmick lol

scott.parker
06-02-12, 08:19 PM