PDA

View Full Version : Engine swap 1.0 to 1.6

lpc111
03-02-12, 08:10 PM
I'm wanting to put a 1.6 GSI/GTE into my 1.0 mk1, what do i need apart from the engine?
Will anything need to change? Any help we be appreciated:)

AndrewJenkins
03-02-12, 08:26 PM
wiring loom
ecu
fuel tank and pipes
fuel pump
radiator and hoses

thats a few of the ones i can think off

GGs GTE
03-02-12, 10:03 PM
Strip the old engine out first then take the steering wheel off then take the dash out then all of the wireing loom then the exhaust then the old petrol tank. do it in the order has stated then the easy bit is a gte or gsi petrol tank brand new £75 make sure it has a reverse feed for the petrol pipes because your old tank only has one pipe going to the carb where has your new engine has two one is a feed and one is a reverse sender this will be the main thing to start off with then put the gte or gsi wiring loom in the car where it all should go to the corresponding Plasers then put the engine in but remember where all the wires go to the engine and inside of the car then the new fuel lines you can get a roll or copper pipe from plumb co for £20+vat put the new fuel line in n then put the FUEL PUMP on haswell remember it must be the correct one for the engine you may need to make a fuel braccet up for the fuel pump has I had to when I did mine then put the exhaust on n your on a roll it took me 9 n a half days to do but I was doing it on n off all on my own if you get stuck pm me. p.s take your time doing all the above gaz thumb

GGs GTE
03-02-12, 11:00 PM
Oh and don't for get the ECU:thumb:

andyredtop83
12-02-12, 07:38 PM
Might be worth fitting GTE/GSi front brakes as well while your at it. Best place to fit your ECU is on the drivers side shelf under the dashboard so its nice and dry. Your need to drill a big hole though to feed the cables through to the ECU, probably best place is just behind the battery just make sure you seal the hole up with mastic otherwise you may get water coming in! What gearbox have you got for it? Is it an F13?

Nobby
12-02-12, 10:57 PM
Search .......