PDA

View Full Version : Some Nova GSi Questions.

BadBoyNeil
19-07-03, 06:52 PM
Howdy people. I'm getting a GSi soon and I am wondering if somebody can help me out with a few questions on them.

1 - Does the passenger sun visor have lights around the mirror like an SRi?

2 - Is the whole dash black? Like the shelves etc?

3 - Do they have the full trim? My current MK2 Nova doesn't have boot trim or even C post trim!

4 - What is there 0-60 and top end like? And can they hold there own against Saxo VTR's and XR2i's?

5 - Are the bumpers colour coded as standard?

I know they are dummy questions but any help appreciated.

Cheers. 8)

techie
19-07-03, 07:15 PM
1. No afraid not as standard

2. Yes it is, still got grey carpet though.

3. No boot trim, but rest is trimmed

4. I pasted a XR2i the other night. VTR's aint too far off, plus its piss cheap and very easy to mod a GSI to decent power.

5. Yes they are

BadBoyNeil
19-07-03, 07:19 PM
Cheers bro. Free hug for you. :+:

Ben (lurk75)
19-07-03, 07:36 PM
Just check in the obvious places when viewing...

:arrow: The corners of the boot floor.

:arrow: The cups where the rear suspension sits

:arrow: The rear arches

:arrow: The seams in the engine bay.

:arrow: Check the gaps in the panels as unfortunately miost have had a little smack by now.

:arrow: The doors (getting very rare for a rot free door)

:arrow: The drivers seat, the bolster will most probably be wearing but push back whilst sat in it as they are beginning to give way.

:arrow: The cowling as a lot have been stolen or attempted to been anyhow, just make sure its not all hanging off. ok its not expensive to replace but if the car has been stolen at some pint what has it been subject too?

:arrow: The tailgates rot along the bottom edges, this is very common.

:arrow: have a good feel behind the skirts as they can hold a world of rust.

Obviously there getting on a bit now and spares are common, but they are getting rare. You expect a few defects with a 10 year old car (at least) So just go careful when spending your money, i have bought about 6 GSi's in the last 4 months and not one of them was anywhere near roadworthy.

They are great cars and if you get a good one you will love it.

Jules
19-07-03, 09:05 PM
Howdy people. I'm getting a GSi soon and I am wondering if somebody can help me out with a few questions on them.

3 - Do they have the full trim? My current MK2 Nova doesn't have boot trim or even C post trim!

When you say 'boot trim' what kind of trim do you mean? They have all the boot trimmed apart from the bit where the tailgate latch locks on to but you can buy this from your local friendly GM dealer, it's body coloured as standard. Other that that piece I think that the GSi's have trim on the rest of the interior panels (correct?).

techie
19-07-03, 09:12 PM
Thats the bit I assumed he meant Jules.

You can get them apparently they fitted them on the Nova van.

I carpeted mine when i did the boot carpet,

http://www.novaload.net/forums/album_see.php?id=1374

p.s Shelf isnt finished yet. :P

BadBoyNeil
19-07-03, 09:31 PM
Yeah that's what I mean.
My shite car does not have any carpet on the arches. I'm after a violet GSi but people keep telling me i'm a bit fruity if I get that colour.

techie
19-07-03, 09:37 PM
Silk Violet is indeed a very sought after colour. Very nice. Good luck in your hunting for one :)

dave.gsi
19-07-03, 11:52 PM
:D

http://www.novaload.net/images/car_images/936big5.jpg