PDA

View Full Version : oil industry advice.......

ocdstigy
01-02-12, 03:05 PM
Hi all,

this is an industry that has always intrigued me so......

im looking for a bit of advice really..... currently own my own detailing company,however i feel a change is due,im looking to get into the oil industry onshore preferably,

i havnt looked into any specific jobs as yet but would consider being an apprentice again :-)

Does anybody on here work in this industry and have any ideas tips on where and what companies to look for......

im aware of petrofrac,bp and woodgroup,

any suggestions on the correct way to go about entering the industry wpuld be great

as reference im a qualified panel beater,not sure if it would matter but worth mentioning,

cheers :-)

swedge
01-02-12, 03:42 PM
http://www.cleddau.com/rigs/index.html

t40nova
01-02-12, 03:45 PM
what about the coal industy? seems to be decent money in that.plenty of opencast's around scotland but hard too get in unless you know someone

DAFTJOHN
01-02-12, 10:49 PM
I sell telecoms and Aberdeen is on fire with business just now. The oil sector and associated support businesses are buying lots of bandwidth so assume they're hiring folk on the back of that too

Novasport
01-02-12, 11:31 PM
Might be wrong but I think a member on here, ABZNOVASPORT works in the oil industry. Drop Ian a PM.

svlet
03-02-12, 02:57 AM
I know loads of people off shore and onshore and tbh if ur having to ask on hear you haven't much chance of a job it's not about what you know it's about who you know.

Jack
03-02-12, 08:49 AM
Didn't Ben on here work on rigs for a while?

mowgli
03-02-12, 09:20 AM
Might be wrong but I think a member on here, ABZNOVASPORT works in the oil industry. Drop Ian a PM.
i think you meant longdogcharlie, the one with the 4x4 let sport.. he works out in the arab states.

ocdstigy
07-02-12, 11:30 PM
Wee update guys..... detailing my mates car today we got on to the subject of 'offshore' he works for a company called TWMA,forwarded my CV via email,he has sent to the director,he is keen to speak to me,so waiting word.....i've been told i will get an interview,i just need to nail the interview :-)

Cheers for the helpful replies,i will carry on researching,alot of my clients are offshore,but there is a line to draw i can't just ask about jobs offshore,they will wonder who is going to detail their cars lol

timbo1980
10-02-12, 03:36 AM
Twma processing drill cuttings . Alot of the guys @ TWMA have to work onshore when not offshore, kinda defeats the purpose of being offshore. My Mate worked for them for afew years. Get your Boseit & Mist training & medical then Try Halliburton, Mi Swaco. Abroad/overseas is where it is at. North sea seems to be full of ****ers.
sitting my survival this or next month. Good Luck & hope it works out for you

mowgli
10-02-12, 09:22 AM
Wee update guys..... detailing my mates car today we got on to the subject of 'offshore' he works for a company called TWMA,forwarded my CV via email,he has sent to the director,he is keen to speak to me,so waiting word.....i've been told i will get an interview,i just need to nail the interview :-)

Cheers for the helpful replies,i will carry on researching,alot of my clients are offshore,but there is a line to draw i can't just ask about jobs offshore,they will wonder who is going to detail their cars lol

i have a mental image of you polishing an oil rig