PDA

View Full Version : Mot!!!!

Nebbz
01-02-12, 02:27 PM
NOVA is going in for MOT on Thursday (may rebook for a sooner datelol)

Lets see how much this will set me back! lots of welding to be done, and couple of parts need replacing...Joy! :thumb:

got £800 to throw at it so eh! should be ok....i hope! :wtf:

Lee-1984
01-02-12, 02:31 PM
personaly ide reshell it, if your looking to spend 800 for welding ect...

Nebbz
01-02-12, 02:35 PM
nahh not all on welding! sod that for a laugh ide soon tell em to do one and get my friend to do it, but as i get discount at the garage over the road (perks of dealing with their business rates hehe)

Im throwing it to them to sort, Dont expect all to go on welding, im expecting around 200-300 on welding, new breaks, cv boot/joint, and a little bit of wireing to be sorted out as my full beams dont work, and washer jets sorted out.

Be shocked if theres any left over. Then be going towards a respray

Alex J
01-02-12, 02:40 PM
50 quid pub m.o.t coming up then lol..

just found this on google if its any help lol

http://07909861668.start4u.co.uk/files/2012/01/Dodgy-mot-call-Ali-on-07909861668-change-you-life-in-hell.jpg

Nebbz
01-02-12, 02:59 PM
already had two dodgy ones done loL! figured its time to have a propper one and pay just like every one else and have a reletivly safe car for once.

Just sold my vitara so figured instead of getting another crap shed ill throw money in to my nova and get that back on the road as love it!

mowgli
01-02-12, 03:04 PM
instead of getting another crap shed ill throw money in to my nova

http://progresswear.com/images/oh-the-irony-womens-tank_07.jpg

mk1nova_rich
01-02-12, 03:08 PM
Save your money and scrap it IMHO...for not much more than 800 you could get yourself a half decent reliable car

Nebbz
01-02-12, 03:12 PM
*sigh* irony, yet many of us have spent over £2k to have work done and put bigger engines in, the car was reliable but i drove it like a pleb and broke it, Plan has always been fix what i broke. And make it a nice car. But guess people dont have projects any more :P

Nebbz
01-02-12, 03:14 PM
rephrase that... spent thousands on the 20 odd year old sheds we all drive and enjoy hence why we are here.

being its been parked up for 9 months on grass its going to have alot needing done.

Alex J
01-02-12, 03:19 PM
already had two dodgy ones done
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-vwZ2RaM2sIU/Tc7hNDd8Z3I/AAAAAAAADfs/G5kzIhJ2Bbo/s1600/facepalm-homer.jpg remind me what your nova looks like so i can avoid it killing me out on the road lol

mowgli
01-02-12, 05:51 PM
my shonky shed cost me £600 in 2000... i've personally spent somewhere in the region of £300 on it...then i got it resprayed in exchange for an xmas bonus...
it has no rust on it.

Jack
01-02-12, 06:28 PM
Why not fix the niggles prior to MOT? In my experience, if a tester gets a car in that has obvious stuff wrong with it, they'll just throw the book at it, as its clear you don't expect it to pass or look after it.

Or just buy a GT4, then sail through MOTs even without any advisories lol

Nebbz
28-02-12, 11:20 AM
im not allowed a gt4 :( i get bitched at if i look at anything above a 1.4 because "ill kill my self" well i sold the vitara got shot of that peice of crap hated it, Nova has had the arches peeled away to the point there none existant, and a friends sorting them out for me for £60. there are things i dont know that need doing hence the MOT, and its a friend of my friend who is doing it.

should be road worthy by end of march at least (which will be nice as riding a push bike sucks in this weather)

over all its cost me £110 so far...tbh not so bad imo will cost around 300 to get it back road worthy but near 3 years of abuse i dont see that as a bad thing

Nebbz
28-02-12, 11:24 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-vwZ2RaM2sIU/Tc7hNDd8Z3I/AAAAAAAADfs/G5kzIhJ2Bbo/s1600/facepalm-homer.jpg remind me what your nova looks like so i can avoid it killing me out on the road lol

its the god aweful thing with trellis squares over the front and back (i had a rebellious stage...i now regret this) its getting resprayed over the next couple of months just got to get the paint now.

so will soon just be black and white, and very shiny